Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greeneyedgirl)
    Ooo glad I saw this! Just got back from a year abroad in Canada and one of my fav things was defs going to see hockey! I was based in Calgary so am a Flames fan (and a Hitmen fan if any of you are WHL watchers too), however during playoffs was cheering Penguins (after Iggy moved from Flames to Penguins would have liked to see him win). Interested to see how the first game will go!
    Wooo another potential poster for this thread!

Who ya got this series ?
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    Wooo another potential poster for this thread!

Who ya got this series ?
    Tbh I focused mainly on the Canadian teams and the games inbetween Canadian teams so couldn't call it as don't have enough knowledge of Chicago or Boston. If forced to call I'd say the Blackhawks.

ReputationRep:
    So great to see an ice hockey thread on here.

I'm a Canadian (living in the UK at the moment), so ice hockey is a huge part of my life.

I'm a Vancouver Canucks fan, as I'm from the Vancouver area.

As for the Stanley Cup Final, I've got split loyalties, because some of the Canadian national team's best players can be found in both the Blackhawks and Bruins squads. I'm plumping for a Blackhawks win though, they have been superb throughout the play-offs.

ReputationRep:
    I'm gonna go Bruins in 6. 4-2 tonight's score is my pick.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Damn 4-3 to the Blackhawks in 3-OT :sad:

ReputationRep:
    Damn 4-3 to the Blackhawks in 3-OT :sad:

Watched the highlights. All I can say is atleast was a close game.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RHCPfan)

Watched the highlights. All I can say is atleast was a close game.
    Yeah not over yet still hope!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah not over yet still hope!
    As long as we take the next game

ReputationRep:
    As long as we take the next game
    Yeah would be nice gives us some wiggle room haha :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah would be nice gives us some wiggle room haha :laugh:
    I'll call it now and say 3-2 to Bruins but lets face it, I was well out with my last call

ReputationRep:
    Go hawks go...that kreiji and lucic line is scary tbh, lets hope the hawks can storm on.

ReputationRep:
    I'll call it now and say 3-2 to Bruins but lets face it, I was well out with my last call
    2-1 next game please :moon:

ReputationRep:
    Amazing to see an ice hockey thread here! I've been an ice hockey fan since I was 6 although i've never attempted to ice skate myself, let alone play hockey. As I come from Manchester, I was a big follower of the Manchester Storm (Superleague 2000-2002), whilst also being a huge Red Wings fan. Like others here, I always watched Hockey on Ch Five and wish it came back! Then Manchester Storm finished and packed up and my interest in British hockey dwindled until around 2008 where I started to support Storm's replacement, the Manchester Phoenix. In 2009, I went to nyc for a holiday and instantly became a Ranger fan when I saw the atmosphere outside MSG during their home season opener (although i did not go to the game). Ever since, i've been a HUGE HUGE NY Ranger fan, as well as the detroit red wings and manchester phoenix
    ps: sorry for the essay people!

ReputationRep:
    2-1 next game please :moon:
    Just gonna say I called it and put it out there

Bruins!!! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Just gonna say I called it and put it out there

Bruins!!! :woo:
    Nice call! :woo: for the Bruins win.

ReputationRep:
    Nice call! :woo: for the Bruins win.
    Yup :woo:

Good stuff

ReputationRep:
    Game 3 today- I think its going to be a 3-1 to the Bruins

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spencer.G)
    Amazing to see an ice hockey thread here! I've been an ice hockey fan since I was 6 although i've never attempted to ice skate myself, let alone play hockey. As I come from Manchester, I was a big follower of the Manchester Storm (Superleague 2000-2002), whilst also being a huge Red Wings fan. Like others here, I always watched Hockey on Ch Five and wish it came back! Then Manchester Storm finished and packed up and my interest in British hockey dwindled until around 2008 where I started to support Storm's replacement, the Manchester Phoenix. In 2009, I went to nyc for a holiday and instantly became a Ranger fan when I saw the atmosphere outside MSG during their home season opener (although i did not go to the game). Ever since, i've been a HUGE HUGE NY Ranger fan, as well as the detroit red wings and manchester phoenix
    ps: sorry for the essay people!
    Good to have you on here. I wanted the red wings to beat the hawks, there youngsters did a great job in the playoffs and in the run-in to get them there. They outplayed the ducks and gave the hawks a good run.
    Not sure how Rangers managed to get past washington...a mixture of ovechkin not turning up and lundqvis being a meanie.

Tonight I want the hawks to win... won't be making any predictions though, its just too hard to call. If bruins actually come out in the 1st period unlike the other night they should win.

ReputationRep:
    Ice Hockey is ****ing awesome. Most entertaining american sport imo. Just watching this Bruns-Blackhawks match, the intensity is ridiculously good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheInvincibles14)
    Ice Hockey is ****ing awesome. Most entertaining american sport imo. Just watching this Bruns-Blackhawks match, the intensity is ridiculously good.
    Yeah its ridculously high end stuff as well, I believe Boston has 17 stanley cup champions on their team...considering there's 20 on a team thats just fkin silly. The hawks dominated the reg season and got too much talent too not take this to a game 7...did you finish watching the game? Spicing up nicely for game 4. You gotta think Hawks got to take the next one.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 2, 2013
Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.