Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Shouting at me in front of the whole office Watch

ReputationRep:
    There was a uk girl who i met in australia, we were in the same hostel room.

I only actually started talking to her when we realised we were in the same job.

So we start going supermarket the first few days of work together at lunch.

She waited outside for me.

So the next day, i returned the courtesy and waited. I waited ages, it turned out she had already gone back.

Later about an hour into the 2nd half of work, I decided to ask her quietly whether she was still in the shop or went straight back.

She then shouted out loud and said, I don't have to wait for you! and some other words. It then made her other friends pretty much ignore me.

Even doing a quiz at work they were like PFFTTTTT when I gave an answer thinking it wasn't true.

It's annoying how someone can cause a slight innocent question to blow up into me being some kind of weirdo for asking that question.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flyingaround)
    There was a uk girl who i met in australia, we were in the same hostel room.

I only actually started talking to her when we realised we were in the same job.

So we start going supermarket the first few days of work together at lunch.

She waited outside for me.

So the next day, i returned the courtesy and waited. I waited ages, it turned out she had already gone back.

Later about an hour into the 2nd half of work, I decided to ask her quietly whether she was still in the shop or went straight back.

She then shouted out loud and said, I don't have to wait for you! and some other words. It then made her other friends pretty much ignore me.

Even doing a quiz at work they were like PFFTTTTT when I gave an answer thinking it wasn't true.

It's annoying how someone can cause a slight innocent question to blow up into me being some kind of weirdo for asking that question.
    Ignore her, she's not a nice person.

ReputationRep:
    That's the sort of thing (some) women (often) do, make it so you're wrong even when you're not

ReputationRep:
    What a witch!

Edit; I meant ***** but oh well witch kinda sticks to that type of behaviour too

ReputationRep:
    Bully her a bit if you need, definitely stand up for yourself and don't let her walk all over you. First impressions are very important so you need to get in with everyone else in your office too.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to hear about that. I don't see why some people do stuff like that but don't feel like anything is your fault when clearly she is the one in the wrong.

Don't even bother with her to be honest.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehforum)
    Ignore her, she's not a nice person.
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scrotgrot)
    That's the sort of thing (some) women (often) do, make it so you're wrong even when you're not
    true

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by British199)
    What a witch!

Edit; I meant ***** but oh well witch kinda sticks to that type of behaviour too
    lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ezekiella)
    Bully her a bit if you need, definitely stand up for yourself and don't let her walk all over you. First impressions are very important so you need to get in with everyone else in your office too.
    it was a while ago but i hate it when it just pops back in my head when i don't think I had closure on it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IsthatmaryX)
    Sorry to hear about that. I don't see why some people do stuff like that but don't feel like anything is your fault when clearly she is the one in the wrong.

Don't even bother with her to be honest.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    you're right
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Ignore her, you don't deserve to be associated with pesky girl's like her.

ReputationRep:
    it was a while ago but i hate it when it just pops back in my head when i don't think I had closure on it.
    Hmm fair enough - do what feels right If you still have to spend time with her/them though you don't want to give the impression you're a pushover if you're still the "new guy".

ReputationRep:
    PMSing? Just putting it out there....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James A)
    Ignore her, you don't deserve to be associated with pesky girl's like her.
    agreed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Buberries)
    PMSing? Just putting it out there....
    How often is that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ezekiella)
    Hmm fair enough - do what feels right If you still have to spend time with her/them though you don't want to give the impression you're a pushover if you're still the "new guy".
    yea i mean it's ok now...usually there's 10 nice people for each bad one out there I suppose, but you can dwell on it sometimes

ReputationRep:
    How often is that?
    Oh it just happens every now and again whenever we feel like shouting at someone really. In all honesty though forget about her, she might have been trying to make a statement to her friends that there was nothing going on between the two of you or she might just have been in a bad mood and taking it out on you, in any case you're better off without her.

ReputationRep:
    You should've put her in her place there and then. Then you'd see if she'd ever say "pfft" again.

ReputationRep:
    :eek:

:console:

don't worry; one day, a whale will fall on top of her :yep:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.