Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Name:  I_179256556_00_20130129.jpg
Views: 456
Size:  6.3 KB
    I chose this bag because I need the bag that has enough space for my A4 notebook, pencil case, an umbrella, a bottle of water and maybe a launch box. I am going to use it everyday for uni.
    So:confused:?
    P.S I am open for suggestions but I want a good quality leather bag, under £200, that will last me at least three years
    I found another bag and it also looks good.
    Name:  I_176444972_00_20121119.jpg
Views: 336
    Which one is better?

ReputationRep:
    bump

ReputationRep:
    For school, college or work?
    It's a nice if plain radley bag. I always feel with radley youre paying for the name rather than quality but I don't have enough experience to qualify that.

I'd also personally be nervous using a black leather bag for day to day. Unless you're very good on leather upkeep it's going to get very bashed about and scuffed. Brown at least doesn't show marks quite as badly I've found.

If it's school/uni I'd go for something cheaper and more hard wearing personally, simply because it's going to get put on the floor, stood on etc and there's not really a need for an expensive bag for such use. Keep it looking nice for non-uni days instead! But thats just personal opinion. If it's.for work, then you know your environment! I keep my leather bag well away from work because we have a very busy cluttered stock room ( i manage a coffee shop) and i keep all my folders and pads of paper in a old material satchel. I only take my leather bag to meetings.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fredscarecrow)
    For school, college or work?
    It's a nice if plain radley bag. I always feel with radley youre paying for the name rather than quality but I don't have enough experience to qualify that.

I'd also personally be nervous using a black leather bag for day to day. Unless you're very good on leather upkeep it's going to get very bashed about and scuffed. Brown at least doesn't show marks quite as badly I've found.

If it's school/uni I'd go for something cheaper and more hard wearing personally, simply because it's going to get put on the floor, stood on etc and there's not really a need for an expensive bag for such use. Keep it looking nice for non-uni days instead! But thats just personal opinion. If it's.for work, then you know your environment! I keep my leather bag well away from work because we have a very busy cluttered stock room ( i manage a coffee shop) and i keep all my folders and pads of paper in a old material satchel. I only take my leather bag to meetings.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I am going to use it everyday for uni

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wild_flower)
    I am going to use it everyday for uni

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wouldn't recommend using a leather bag, it's going to get scuffed really easy especially as you're putting books and things in it.

Why not go for a cheaper option of a canvas bag which will be both practical and last in the long run.

ReputationRep:
    I have a similar radley, use it everyday for uni, still looks pretty mint after a year tbh.

ReputationRep:
    I don't want to sound like the kind of person that's all serious and over-bearing on small things such as bags. But you really should opt for a more practical approach, rather than a fashion conscious one. In terms of price; please, please, please do not spend any more than you have to on a bag for uni. You're there to learn, not to show off designer labels. Sure, it looks pretty and classy and all that. But depending on what you're studying, it would be better to have a larger bag (satchel or backpack) to carry more things. Believe me, as you progress through uni and do more work/assignments you're going to be needing more bag space to carry books, folders, etc.

ReputationRep:
    Looks like the kinda thing that would appear first on google images if I typed in 'bag'. Take from that what you will.

ReputationRep:
    I chose this bag because I need the bag that has enough space for my A4 notebook, pencil case, an umbrella, a bottle of water and maybe a launch box. I am going to use it everyday for uni.
    P.S I am open for suggestions but I want a good quality leather bag, under £200, that will last me at least three years
    Accesorize bags or good, mine cost £70 but is still going strong 3 years on....or nica, not sure if they're leather though...if you have a retail outlet near you then look there to get a good quality bag at a cheaper price

ReputationRep:
    I don't really like either to be perfectly blunt, they're pretty basic and boring bags. I love the Cambridge Satchels at the moment - I have a dark brown one (though the coloured ones are beautiful too, especially the red! :love: ), fits everything in like a dream (laptop, A4 pads, water, etc) and they're all handmade in England They're not even that expensive, given that they're such great quality - think I got mine for a little less than £100.

ReputationRep:
    I like the second one best.

But I agree with others- have you considered a cheaper bag/ not leather/ a backpack?

backpacks aren't that considered ugly anymore- as long as it doesn't have a million front pockets- almost everyone has them where I am, and the people who don't, you can see how much strain they're under when they have to carry loads.

I dunno if people at uni wear backpacks, but you can get one that lasts about 3 years for about £40 (eastpak, jansport...)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'd reccommend Scaramanga or Cambridge Satchels for leather bags that are pretty durable and under £200 (and over obviously) I like the first one you linked too

Or there is eastpak/jansport

ReputationRep:
    Please do not spend that much money for a bag you're going to be using to carry books for 3 years.

People spend that kind of money for things they will use respectfully - ie a work bag or a going out bag.

Uni bags get bashed around.. Buy cheap. I went through around 2-3 bags over my 3 years at uni. Cheap £10 bags should be fine.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    Michael Korsssssss :daydreaming:

ReputationRep:
    Which one is better?
    Hey, I own the second Michael Kors handbag; it is far too small to carry around at university! I can fit a bottle of water, umbrella, makeup bag and my phone charger and it's a bit cramped in there. Also, the straps are quite thin. You definitely won't be able to get a lunchbox amongst your other necessities for uni in there. If it's Michael Kors that you are after, then I highly recommend the following:

http://www.houseoffraser.co.uk/Micha...efault,pd.html

and

The second handbag is my current school bag and it is awesome! It is extremely spacious, stylish and incredibly comfortable to carry around. Yes, they are pretty expensive but they are fantastic investments! I am about to buy my 3rd MK bag at the end of Easter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Technetium)
    Hey, I own the second Michael Kors handbag; it is far too small to carry around at university! I can fit a bottle of water, umbrella, makeup bag and my phone charger and it's a bit cramped in there. Also, the straps are quite thin. You definitely won't be able to get a lunchbox amongst your other necessities for uni in there. If it's Michael Kors that you are after, then I highly recommend the following:

and

The second handbag is my current school bag and it is awesome! It is extremely spacious, stylish and incredibly comfortable to carry around. Yes, they are pretty expensive but they are fantastic investments! I am about to buy my 3rd MK bag at the end of Easter
    Hi. Thank you for an advice Unfortunately, I need a bag with a zip so I won't buy the second one. Are straps (in the first bag you posted) thicker? They seem the same on pictures. And the Michael Kors bag in my post is Michael Kors Jet Set East to West Tote Handbag. Is this one that you own?

ReputationRep:
    Hi. Thank you for an advice Unfortunately, I need a bag with a zip so I won't buy the second one. Are straps (in the first bag you posted) thicker? They seem the same on pictures. And the Michael Kors bag in my post is Michael Kors Jet Set East to West Tote Handbag. Is this one that you own?
    Yes, I do own it. And it's actually called the 'Michael Kors Jet Set Saffiano East West Tote' . The straps are thinner, I use the Leather Jet Set as my school bag and it is more comfortable to carry around with a heavy load than the Saffiano Jet Set which I use to run errands.

ReputationRep:
    The Michael Kors bag is lovely. I've got almost the same one and it's a great bag. Spacious, good quality, looks great. Would definitely recommend.

ReputationRep:

Which one is better?
    The first one I think.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.