Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,
    I'm hoping someone can give me some advice. I have an interview for a Biomedical support worker position (NHS Scotland), and I have no idea what to expect at the interview? It's my first degree related interview since I graduated, I've waited such a long time and applied to hundreds of jobs so I REALLY don't want to mess this up! I know I'll be nervous so I want to be as prepared as possible. If anyone knows of the interview format or questions they're likely to ask it would be a huge help! All I know is it will be a panel interview in front of 4 people.

ReputationRep:
    Hi I'm a biomedical scientist in haematology, what department is the job in?

I didn't have any interview for my current position as I had worked there previously and a job came up so they just offered it me (lucky I know!). But tbh I think most managers come up with their own interview questions, there's no standard format for interviews, so they could ask you anything.

When I went for the interview for previous job which was a trainee BMS they asked me pretty bog standard interview questions, tell me about yourself, why do you want this job? Why the NHS? Would you say you're a leader or a follower? What have you done on your degree that interested you? Nothing that you wouldn't expect from a job interview, then right at the end they asked me what I knew about the discipline and if I knew the names of any stains.

If I were you I'd think about how you'd answer general interview questions, then do a bit of reading up on the discipline because they may ask you a few questions about that. They shouldn't ask you anything too difficult though so as long as you know the basics about the area you'll be working you should be fine.

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

I was hoping you would be able to tell me how your interview went? And what was asked etc. I seen yours was a few months ago.

I have an interview for the exact same job post and im nervous as to what to expect also!

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Hi

Just wondering if you got the job? And how did the interview go? I am due an interview in next few weeks and I am worried been told told I will need to do an assessment too but they cannot say what. Can you please give me some advice please.

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jemjj)
    Hi

Just wondering if you got the job? And how did the interview go? I am due an interview in next few weeks and I am worried been told told I will need to do an assessment too but they cannot say what. Can you please give me some advice please.

Thank you
    Hi I realise this was ages ago, but as I also have this coming up I was wondering if you could please give me an idea of the types of questions/assessments that could come up

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I had an interview today it was two ladies from the haematology and blood transfussion department. Ill try and remember which questions i was asked.
    What qualities could you bring to this job?
    Im i flexible? ( it was weekend post )
    Why should we choose you over the other candidates?
    What would your old employer say about you.
    Whats an important part of the job (not exact words) i answered about how how important it is to input data into machines. Stop transfer of pathegens when cleaning etc.
    It between it was a kind of chat. I felt relaxed and happy.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Quick links:

Unanswered Health and Emergency services Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.