Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    'Your application has been reviewed by Dr Helen Lever and subsequently it has been decided to invite you for a phone interview.'

can i know what kind of question will be asked ? And will this interview secure your placement in HWU ?

p/s : my interview will be on mid of April 2013

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Anyone currently taking HW MSc Petroleum Geoscience or already being interviewed ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've asked a friend of mine about the questions they asked her last year(for Msc reservoir evaluation and management), and they were about motivations, achievements in 5 years, background, and her dissertation. I'm waiting for my interview too as they informed me that i am in the next session of interviews in April for Msc Petroleum Engineering and I am really kinda worried myself.

ReputationRep:
    Me too, mine is on 11 April ! Thanks for answering my question ! Did you received offers from other universities ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've just applied to Imperial for the same masters and I'll know if I will be offered or If will remain in waiting list by the first week of April, or at least that's what they've told me. Did you apply anywhere else?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, i applied MSc in Petroleum Geoscience to universities such as Leeds, Manchester, Exeter, Derby and Aberdeen didn't have the gut to apply for Imperial !

And for now, only received conditional offer from Leeds, phone interview from Heriot Watt.

btw, i'm from Malaysia. Where are you from ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatin7)
    btw, i'm from Malaysia. Where are you from ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm from Greece!

I've heard that it's hard to get in Leeds too... So, if you got accepted there, maybe it was a poor decision not to apply for Imperial Geoscience..!
    Can you tell me your gpa please?

ReputationRep:
    I'm considering the accomodation fees and other fees as well ! Haha bet nothings cheap around Imperial !

Currently i'm in my final semester of BSc so i just send my current cgpa which was 3.65, once i did my english test, IELTS then only they'll provide me with unconditional offer.

But i'm hoping for Heriot Watt

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm considering the accomodation fees and other fees as well ! Haha bet nothings cheap around Imperial !

Currently i'm in my final semester of BSc so i just send my current cgpa which was 3.65, once i did my english test, IELTS then only they'll provide me with unconditional offer.

But i'm hoping for Heriot Watt

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I guess you're right, as the departmental scholarships are only for EU applicants... and only if I get the scholarship, I'll go to Imperial next year, otherwise, I'm coming to Heriot too...!!!
    I'm a senior student too, with a current gpa a little above 8 out of 10, so i guess a 3.2 if i'd put it in your grade scale.. My ielts score is 8 and I hope I'll get two conditional offers...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by renaki123)
    I'm a senior student too, with a current gpa a little above 8 out of 10, so i guess a 3.2 if i'd put it in your grade scale.. My ielts score is 8 and I hope I'll get two conditional offers...
    Did you know what's the minimum grade for ielts to enter Heriot Watt ? I hope the uni's can waived the ielts as i attached my Cambridge test ! Where did you study previously ? And what course ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Did you know what's the minimum grade for ielts to enter Heriot Watt ? I hope the uni's can waived the ielts as i attached my Cambridge test ! Where did you study previously ? And what course ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think it's 6.5 and they accept cambridge proficiency providing that it is recent, less than 2 years.
    I studied in the National Technical Uni of Athens in the Mining and Metallurgical Engineering department.

EDIT: In the web application of HW, it is saying on the top "application awaiting decision" and in the chart in the "application status area" it says decision made. What's the decision? :/

ReputationRep:
    Did the staff from your department email you regarding your status either they received your application or not ?

Like my case, the teaching Administrative Assistant from
    Institute of Petroleum Engineering of Heriot Watt email me, they respond 2 days after they received my application

Maybe you should contact the admisssion so they won't miss out your application ! The university closed till 5 April so you can contact them next week

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No I contacted them yesterday and they already answered me, and yes I GOT AN OFFER!!!!!!
    Without inteview.. :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by renaki123)
    I've asked a friend of mine about the questions they asked her last year(for Msc reservoir evaluation and management), and they were about motivations, achievements in 5 years, background, and her dissertation. I'm waiting for my interview too as they informed me that i am in the next session of interviews in April for Msc Petroleum Engineering and I am really kinda worried myself.
    Hello Renaki, Please did u get the Msc Reservoir Geoscience and Management at Heriot Watt, If yes, what is your cgpa and what work experience do you have? Thank you in advance.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I am interested in Applied Petroleum Geoscience at the University of Derby, I need to know if it is an accredited course by the responsible body. And any other advice? Thank you in advance.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.