Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    is any one undertaking this fitness programme, I've seen that mehndi has helped loads of guys, what i want to know is this workout actually successful? also how much weight do i need to add each time?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 20z12)
    is any one undertaking this fitness programme, I've seen that mehndi has helped loads of guys, what i want to know is this workout actually successful? also how much weight do i need to add each time?
    You’ve got to be kidding me. I’ve been further even more decided to use even go need to do look more as anyone can. Can you really be far even as decided half as much to use go wish for that? My guess is that when one really been far even as decided once to use even go want, it is then that he has really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like. It’s just common sense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 20z12)
    I did Madcow's variation of Bill Starrs 5x5 (Diff programme I know but it has similar points).

5x5 is a very good programme if your predominant goal is strength.

It is also very good for building a strong base.

Personally, from BS5x5 my lifts:

Deadlift: 80kgx5 -> 125kgx5
    Squat: 70kgx5 -> 100kgx5
    Bench: 60kgx5 -> 80kgx5

@70kg bodyweight

Over the space of 14 weeks, adding 2.5kg (minimum weight) per week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marc908)
    I did Madcow's variation of Bill Starrs 5x5 (Diff programme I know but it has similar points).

@70kg bodyweight

2.5kg a week??? dayummm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    2.5kg a week??? dayummm
    Indeed.

Here's a link to my training log when I ran it in 2009.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1033124

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marc908)

@70kg bodyweight

Some good gains there, my main aim is to slim down current weight is 89kg, as well as this programme whatother types of training should I add on?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 20z12)
    you can make minor adjustments yourself but yeah I've basically been using his 5x5 workout as a basis for over a year now. I still do the main exercises (squats, bench press, bent over rows, overhead press and deadlift).

its definitely worth a try if you're up for it. I like it because it's really basic but at the end of a session you feel your whole body has been given a thorough workout

most importantly though go for a few sessions with a trainer first to master the movements so you can avoid injury

ReputationRep:
    There is set progression. A good routine for strength and size. More so strength.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 1, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.