Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    How long does it take to completely learn linear programming?

ReputationRep:
    For a list of 7 numbers, the maximum number of comparisons in a bubble sort would be 6+5+4+3+2+1, which is an arithmetic series. Sn = 0.5 x 6(1 + 6) i.e. 0.5 n (first + last)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tiny hobbit)
    For a list of 7 numbers, the maximum number of comparisons in a bubble sort would be 6+5+4+3+2+1, which is an arithmetic series. Sn = 0.5 x 6(1 + 6) i.e. 0.5 n (first + last)
    I completely forgot what an Arithmetic Series was. Okay thanks again Tiny Hobbit, I will get a C2/C1 Book from the Library after the Bank Holiday and try to make sense of this.

Just did January 2012....and well I think I may have scored above 70/75...My teacher will have around 6 of my Papers to Mark when we get back. I feel sorry for him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skaterkid)
    How long does it take to completely learn linear programming?
    Learning it will take you a few hours, but Maths isn't about learning, you actually have to go through as many questions as possible. Especially in D1, where you don't get "Method Marks", you either do the Algorithm/Method Right or Wrong.

Go to Maths247 on Youtube for some quality videos. But again it's best to just read the book, then do as many questions as possible.

ReputationRep:
    Can someone look at the d1 paper from may 2012, question 6b and tell me why node G finish event time is 25 and not 23

The red one is the correction from the mark scheme, which I think is wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coolheadjody)
    Can someone look at the d1 paper from may 2012, question 6b and tell me why node G finish event time is 25 and not 23

The red one is the correction from the mark scheme, which I think is wrong.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Thank, Sony worry about it, I realised my mistake, the dummy activity is going into j, not out of it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No 25 is correct because when you work out the late time you have to look at the direction in which the line is going. With late time you have to look at the direction which is opposite

ReputationRep:
    i hate d1, stupid pseudo-maths

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mkhat94:))
    i hate d1, stupid pseudo-maths
    Whilst it gets alot of criticism D1 has personally changed the way I think about all my subjects.

Take Physics for Example, I am no longer thinking in terms of "do I remember seeing a question like this in the past, or what little detail did I revise", and I am now thinking in terms of - what is the general solution to all questions relating to Electric and Magnetic Field, what is the Key Principle that governs this. i.e. what is the algorithm for attacking this problem.

Or in Chemistry, I am no longer thinking in terms of "details", but making that the second most important thing. My Priority now is always a Generalized approach to solving problems.

If I hadn't taken D1 I wouldn't have thought to change the way I have been revising in all my subjects. I personally think it is the best Unit I have taken in School, ever since dropping Humanities.

Whilst some may call it "easy" I think it is an essential part of the Curriculum and they should teach it in Year 7-9. Now I've done D1 for the last 2-3 Months, I can see myself getting A/A*s and meeting my Predicted Grades. Before - questionable.

It is easy but it is truly a great subject. Rant Over.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Better)
    Whilst it gets alot of criticism D1 has personally changed the way I think about all my subjects.

Take Physics for Example, I am no longer thinking in terms of "do I remember seeing a question like this in the past, or what little detail did I revise", and I am now thinking in terms of - what is the general solution to all questions relating to Electric and Magnetic Field, what is the Key Principle that governs this. i.e. what is the algorithm for attacking this problem.

Or in Chemistry, I am no longer thinking in terms of "details", but making that the second most important thing. My Priority now is always a Generalized approach to solving problems.

If I hadn't taken D1 I wouldn't have thought to change the way I have been revising in all my subjects. I personally think it is the best Unit I have taken in School, ever since dropping Humanities.

Whilst some may call it "easy" I think it is an essential part of the Curriculum and they should teach it in Year 7-9. Now I've done D1 for the last 2-3 Months, I can see myself getting A/A*s and meeting my Predicted Grades. Before - questionable.

It is easy but it is truly a great subject. Rant Over.
    Nice post.
    I like D1. It could be argued that its not as mathematically challenging as some units but its still intrinsically rewarding.

I have just finished all the D1 videos and managed to get scheduling up this weekend as that seemed to be the topic most people dislike!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by m4ths/maths247)
    Nice post.
    I like D1. It could be argued that its not as mathematically challenging as some units but its still intrinsically rewarding.

I have just finished all the D1 videos and managed to get scheduling up this weekend as that seemed to be the topic most people dislike!
    Ah yes perfect thank you Sir!

Great timing as well, my Teacher says my Scheduling Diagrams never match with the Markscheme, I will check it out before I do my last 2 D1 Papers today!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Better)
    Ah yes perfect thank you Sir!

Great timing as well, my Teacher says my Scheduling Diagrams never match with the Markscheme, I will check it out before I do my last 2 D1 Papers today!!

The solutions don't have to be unique which may be why.

ReputationRep:
    The solutions don't have to be unique which may be why.
    Hey, I just visited your youtube channel... and I'm really glad I've found it As I've had difficulties with dummies.

Name:  stuck d1.png
Views: 78
Size:  44.8 KB

For this part from one of your videos, I don't understand the need for a dummy at the start ?

Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by posthumus)
    Hey, I just visited your youtube channel... and I'm really glad I've found it As I've had difficulties with dummies.

Name:  stuck d1.png
Views: 78
Size:  44.8 KB

For this part from one of your videos, I don't understand the need for a dummy at the start ?

Thanks in advance
    Activity A and B cannot start and end at the same event therefore a dummy is introduced to give them a unique route between the two events.

Its one of the two reasons a dummy is used. The other is multiple dependency.

Good luck in the exam

ReputationRep:
    Activity A and B cannot start and end at the same event therefore a dummy is introduced to give them a unique route between the two events.

Good luck in the exam
    Hi Maths247, what do you predict the topics that could potentially crop up next week?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by otrivine)
    Hi Maths247, what do you predict the topics that could potentially crop up next week?
    No idea!
    I want to say something to make pupils think but have a feeling it will be the same questions as before but with different numbers!
    Perhaps I'm being cynical

ReputationRep:

Good luck in the exam
    So wait I can never do that sort of loop thing, no matter what ?

ReputationRep:
    No idea!
    I want to say something to make pupils think but have a feeling it will be the same questions as before but with different numbers!
    Perhaps I'm being cynical

I think bubble sort or quick sort,
    i think drawing like the prescdence table ,

I am worried that they could ask scheduling but from your excellent tutorials, I no longer need to worry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by posthumus)
    So wait I can never do that sort of loop thing, no matter what ?
    Correct, no matter what.

By Definition each Activity must be shown Uniquely hence you cannot have a "loop" of Two Activities leaving the same Event (Node) and Ending at the same Event (Node).

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.