Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Hi there, I'm a third year student and have been receiving student loans for the past 3 academic years, along with maintenance grant. I'll be graduating in July. Next academic year I want to start a different course, at a different location, the qualifications i will be receiving at the end of this 1 year course are a certificate achieved called a VTCT (VRQ) Level 3 - It is similar to an NVQ, and also the North West Media Makeup School Diploma. The cost of the course is 10,000 and I obviously will need a maintenance loan to live. Will student finance fund this? and if not, what information can you give me about how to get the funding I need to be able to do this course. The tutors of the course have informed me that they will answer any questions if needed. Many Thanks.

    also will I have to do a whole new application if the funding is given or can i class it as a fourth year on my original application?
    • Official TSR Representative

    Official TSR Representative
    Hi Beth,

    Unfortunately we won't be able to provide you with any financial assistance for this course. You may be able to get help using a Career Development Loan, more info here:http://bit.ly/YYcRAG

    Hope this helps,
What's the best type of cheese?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.