The Student Room Group

anyone want to learn Japanese?

Title says It all.

Scroll to see replies

One day, yes.

But I suspect I won't be able to now, mind's a bit fragile :tongue:
I already study Japanese :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'd like to. No grand reasons. Just like to be able to read manga, watch anime and movies without waiting for a subtitled version to be realeased
Reply 4
Yep. I started on Remembering the Kanji back in October though I didn't complete it. Considering how many of my favourite things happen to be Japanese, it makes sense for me to try to learn it.
Reply 5
Original post by miser
Yep. I started on Remembering the Kanji back in October though I didn't complete it. Considering how many of my favourite things happen to be Japanese, it makes sense for me to try to learn it.

Ah classic book :smile:. You should start up again, It doesn't take too long to finish it.
Reply 6
Original post by reubenkinara
I'd like to. No grand reasons. Just like to be able to read manga, watch anime and movies without waiting for a subtitled version to be realeased

You need to know some Japanese slang though if you want to understand anime. :redface: The way I was taught as the "proper" formal way I guess.
I would love to, but it looks so complicated... I'm learning Spanish and French at the moment, but once I'm better with those I consider taking up another and Japanese has always been a consideration. They have such an exciting and different culture, and it sounds like a challenge, but a fun one (as with any language!!)

I watch someone on YouTube, MissHanake (http://www.youtube.com/MissHanake) who does Japanese and self-taught herself. She did the GCSE and got an A*, and is so so good and inspires so many people, including myself. She does great videos too about why we should learn languages and how we can learn them, so definitely watch them for the general stuff too!
Reply 8
I WOULD LOVE TO LEARN JAPANESE! However, I don't have the time for it. I paid for Ken Cannon's online website with many resources but I haven't even got round to using them. I would so love to learn Japanese, it's been one of my lifelong passions.
I know there are no plurals in Japanese, so 'hiking up the mountain' and 'hiking up the mountains' are the same in Japanese.

Plus, the sentence structure is Subject+Object+Verb.

But I much prefer Korean, and Mandarin is more fun!
I'm learning the basics of Japanese. I've always wanted to learn Japanese because I think it's a beautiful language! Plus, my half-Japanese friend Kai from my judo classes wants me to learn Japanese.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know some from watching anime and having Japanese friends, but they said I shouldn't learn off anime
It's a language I'd like to learn though, certainly.
Reply 12
I would too, although I don't think it would be that useful other then for manga etc.
I'd like to learn Korean too :biggrin:
Reply 13
Original post by NOONA.
I would too, although I don't think it would be that useful other then for manga etc.
I'd like to learn Korean too :biggrin:

It's useful if you want to go into business :wink:.
Reply 14
Original post by Music99
It's useful if you want to go into business :wink:.

For business? As in making deals with the Japanese?
Reply 15
Original post by NOONA.
For business? As in making deals with the Japanese?

Yeah, finance economics etc.
Reply 16
僕は日本語を話す練習がしたいです ;)。
Original post by reubenkinara

OH OKAY

Reply 18
Original post by Bude8
I know some from watching anime and having Japanese friends, but they said I shouldn't learn off anime
It's a language I'd like to learn though, certainly.

There's no harm in learning that way.
It's easier than english imo. The sentence particles are really neat. Im only learning it so i can watch the anime comfortably, so i dont really need formal japanese.

Quick Reply

Latest