Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bottled)
    Dbz got the voice cast perfectly man. I wish they'd dub the new movie
    I hope so too, and yeah that's true. Idek if i'll watch it if it doesn't get dubbed tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dmon1Unlimited)
    personally, for most of my anime, i prefer the dub, an advantage of (good) dub being that it also means i dont have to concentrate on subtitles and actually look at the anime haha

if my memory is correct, FMA/cowboy bebop should be a decent example... granted not all dub is done properly, but wager most are better now than in the past
    That's the thing though, the more you learn, the less you have to look at the subtitles. I find myself having to look at the subtitles when they say something in slang :/

Yeah, might have to have a look at cowboy bebop

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarahftw_)
    That's the thing though, the more you learn, the less you have to look at the subtitles. I find myself having to look at the subtitles when they say something in slang :/

Yeah, might have to have a look at cowboy bebop
    yeah, thats one of the pros for watching subs, actively learning while watching anime.

assuming the dub is good, i suppose the main decision maker would be whether one would want to learn japanese. While i do want to, i suppose im just being lazy by watching dub haha though the downside with dub is that it will in most cases always lag behind the sub. once a raw episode is released, it would not take long (a day or so?) to sub then its ready. for dub, it could take ages depending on whether there are rights obtained to do so.

im currently watching fairy tail in sub. great anime, great soundtrack

ReputationRep:
    I started to learn hiragana last year but I never really have the time to progress with it I speak French but I think Japanese will take a lot more effort...

ReputationRep:
    I'm gonna start studying Japanese as part of my degree in September ! really excited.
    I already know Chinese as I've been studying it for the last 3 years and I'm currently spending my gap year in China (I'm about to take the HSK 5), so I hope that knowing a lot of Chinese characters will help and not get me too confused ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anime Lover)
    I started to learn hiragana last year but I never really have the time to progress with it I speak French but I think Japanese will take a lot more effort...
    I did French while learning Japanese

Japanese is easier in my opinion

ReputationRep:
    yeah, thats one of the pros for watching subs, actively learning while watching anime.

assuming the dub is good, i suppose the main decision maker would be whether one would want to learn japanese. While i do want to, i suppose im just being lazy by watching dub haha though the downside with dub is that it will in most cases always lag behind the sub. once a raw episode is released, it would not take long (a day or so?) to sub then its ready. for dub, it could take ages depending on whether there are rights obtained to do so.

im currently watching fairy tail in sub. great anime, great soundtrack
    Don't be lazy!

You could read the manga instead if you like, they're normally way ahead of the anime.

Fairy Tail; yet another anime that I'm not up to date with I heard it's really good.

ReputationRep:
    It's hiru gohan ga tabemasu ka
    Actually I knew it was but mind explaining why? Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Don't be lazy!

You could read the manga instead if you like, they're normally way ahead of the anime.

Fairy Tail; yet another anime that I'm not up to date with I heard it's really good.
    Oh and the latest fairy tail manga is AWESOME!

ReputationRep:
    おはよう

ReputationRep:
    i have some kanji apps on my phone but have not made much progress

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xmarksthesh0t)
    Actually I knew it was but mind explaining why? Thanks.
    It's confusing but the easier way is that o is used after an object.

Some verbs and adjectives take ga.

Most cases ga and o are interchangeable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Music99)
    おはよう
    こんにちは

ReputationRep:
    こんにちは
    お元気ですか?

ReputationRep:
    お元気ですか?
    はい元気です

ReputationRep:
    はい元気です
    いい

ReputationRep:
    Don't be lazy!

haha. ive done that with naruto, though im now at the stage where im waiting a week for a chapter as opposed to waiting a week for a 20 minute anime. wondering if that was wise...
    love fairy tail. check out an amv

ReputationRep:
    いい
    あなたは、MCM Expo に行きます

ReputationRep:
    haha. ive done that with naruto, though im now at the stage where im waiting a week for a chapter as opposed to waiting a week for a 20 minute anime. wondering if that was wise...
    love fairy tail. check out an amv
    Naruto pisses me off now. Why did they have to kill off (you know who)? He was one of my favourite characters

With the manga, I read it if I'm bored of the anime, but i make sure not to be up to date with the manga, or else I'll have nothing to do. 7 days is too long.

The anime is long for no reason, they talk so much. I just want to see fights like dbz lol.

Will check one out in a bit ^.^

ReputationRep:
    I think the best way to learn is to read the actual japanese subtitles, along with a dictionary open.

http://kitsunekko.net/subtitles/japanese/

^They have fairy Tail and a whole bunch of stuff.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.