(Original post by Sarahftw_)
    What does 灰元 mean?
    Typo :P.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Music99)
    Typo :P.
    Ha, oh right

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I would like to start learning Japanese along with Korean and Chinese. I have no idea where to go about learning it though think would prefer more of an evening class or something but no idea where does it, online possibly but just not overly keen

If anyone has some suggestions of sites or anything

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scorpion95)
    Yeah I would like to start learning Japanese along with Korean and Chinese. I have no idea where to go about learning it though think would prefer more of an evening class or something but no idea where does it, online possibly but just not overly keen

Look out for language schools. Mine is and we had evening classes. People from outside the school could come as well. Unfortunately, we don't have a Japanese teacher anymore.

ReputationRep:

1). Get remembering the kanji by James W Hesig
    2). Check out teach yourself/ Assimil
    3). Check out All Japanese All the time
    4). Try out Lingq (awesome website).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Folks)
    I've been learning Japanese for 8 years
    shouldnt you have finished by now? :pierre:

ReputationRep:
    Asking a British person to learn another language? Don't make me laugh!

No but seriously. I would love to learn Japanese as an anime fan, but it looks so difficult. Even when you've learn't it, you can NEVER fully integrate or understand Japanese people. Their social code is basically impossible to learn.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by purplerainn)
    I think the best way to learn is to read the actual japanese subtitles, along with a dictionary open.

http://kitsunekko.net/subtitles/japanese/

^They have fairy Tail and a whole bunch of stuff.
    so you mean put japanese subtitles on an english dub? if so that would be quite interesting haha. dont think ive ever done that before.

when i first read this, i wasnt sure what you meant (thought you meant jap sub with jap dub), so i downloaded a test file (Fairy_Tail_142.srt) from the site just to check (to use with a random vid), but it seems to not work. not sure whether the japanese characters are supported

but i understand what you mean and know where to get subtitle files from, so thanks haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hgat)
    Asking a British person to learn another language? Don't make me laugh!

No but seriously. I would love to learn Japanese as an anime fan, but it looks so difficult. Even when you've learn't it, you can NEVER fully integrate or understand Japanese people. Their social code is basically impossible to learn.
    That sentiment is complete rubbish Japanese isn't that hard. The characters are a hurdle admittedly but are fun to learn. There social code really isn't impossible to learn, I don't know where you got that from.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dmon1Unlimited)
    so you mean put japanese subtitles on an english dub? if so that would be quite interesting haha. dont think ive ever done that before.
    I didn't mean read the jap subs while watching the anime; not pro enough for that yet lol

It can be read separately with Microsoft Word.

ReputationRep:
    I hope so too, and yeah that's true. Idek if i'll watch it if it doesn't get dubbed tbh.
    ahh i'm just impatient man. I'm so tempted to not wait for Stein's gate to be dubbed this summer, and i've already seen xros wars.

ReputationRep:

Rosetta Stone is really good

ReputationRep:
    I did French while learning Japanese

Japanese is easier in my opinion
    I've heard that the actual structure of the Japanese language is much more logical than most languages, it's just the alphabets that are annoying to learn when I'm doing 4 A2s and an AS >.<

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anime Lover)
    I've heard that the actual structure of the Japanese language is much more logical than most languages, it's just the alphabets that are annoying to learn when I'm doing 4 A2s and an AS >.<
    o.o how many exams do you have?!

Leave Japanese until summer or something!

ReputationRep:
    o.o how many exams do you have?!

Leave Japanese until summer or something!
    Umm well including General Studies (which actually makes it 5 A2s) I have 11 exams! >.< Yeah, I think leaving it until summer is for the best XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anime Lover)
    Umm well including General Studies (which actually makes it 5 A2s) I have 11 exams! >.< Yeah, I think leaving it until summer is for the best XD
    Woah, good luck

Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.