The Student Room Group

anyone want to learn Japanese?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bambirina
It is pretty complex when you just hear words out of the blue, but when they're used in a context it's much easier to guess which one it is :smile: (assuming that you know the words already)

Yeah that's true haha
Reply 141
Original post by Quick-use
Hi there,

I see you decided on Manchester after all. What changed your mind? :smile:

Hey ! Yes I did. Well Edinburgh rejected me so that made my decision a bit easier. Then I had to choose from SOAS, Leeds and Manchester and I liked Manchester better - for the course, the options for the year abroad, the cost of life and the city. I'm really excited to start ! :smile:
I'd love to learn Japanese, no particular reason. I'm currently learning French... Any great online sites to learn Japanese? Or any good textbooks?
Original post by Bambirina
Hey ! Yes I did. Well Edinburgh rejected me so that made my decision a bit easier. Then I had to choose from SOAS, Leeds and Manchester and I liked Manchester better - for the course, the options for the year abroad, the cost of life and the city. I'm really excited to start ! :smile:

Hey :smile: It's a shame they rejected you, but honestly, I think that if you end up with a degree in Japanese and Chinese Mandarin (or any other combination if you decide to change one of them) would make you exceptionally employable! :biggrin: Moreover, you're fluent in both French and English! That's absolutely amazing. :smile:

I'm not sure, but I also think that the course at Manchester for Japanese is more intensive than the one at Edinburgh. After first year, I think the students there are expected to know 600 kanji whilst at Edinburgh it's about 250. :smile:
Reply 144
Original post by Quick-use
Hey :smile: It's a shame they rejected you, but honestly, I think that if you end up with a degree in Japanese and Chinese Mandarin (or any other combination if you decide to change one of them) would make you exceptionally employable! :biggrin: Moreover, you're fluent in both French and English! That's absolutely amazing. :smile:

I'm not sure, but I also think that the course at Manchester for Japanese is more intensive than the one at Edinburgh. After first year, I think the students there are expected to know 600 kanji whilst at Edinburgh it's about 250. :smile:

Thank you !! :biggrin: I didn't know about the number of kanji, that's really good news ! Where and what do/will you study again ?
Reply 145
I'd love to learn Japanese. I've taken some (very) basic courses before, but didn't find the motivation to continue. Also, for some reason, being Chinese, I find Japanese difficult due to the plethora of pronunciations for one single kanji, even though I'm supposed to be at an advantage since some readings are inherited from Chinese... :s-smilie:
Reply 146
Original post by TheNextBigMoonFruit
I'd love to learn Japanese, no particular reason. I'm currently learning French... Any great online sites to learn Japanese? Or any good textbooks?

I'm thinking of making a Japanese course depending on how many people are interested :smile:.
Original post by Music99
I'm thinking of making a Japanese course depending on how many people are interested :smile:.

Well you can count me in. I'd most definitely be interested!
Does anyone on this thread do the Alevel?
Reply 149
Original post by reubenkinara
Does anyone on this thread do the Alevel?

I did :smile:.
Can you share the program with me? He doesn't do his teachings anymore.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending