Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    So I've had five unsuccessful responses from the university's I've applied to. I'm soo frustrated and upset!

Would you guys suggest that that's it for me and my 2013 entry or would u suggest clearing. I know it's a demanding course but I really would like some advise.

Thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    i suggest work hard to get good grades and see what's available in clearing, and if there's nothing you want, consider getting a job/ doing work experience to do with midwifery/nursing and reapply next year or try and make your grades better next year by retaking necessary exams whilst doing work experience that will help get on your course.
    I don't know anything about midwifery by the way, it's just this is my plan too with my uni course, thought it could help.

ReputationRep:
    Go through UCAS clearing as a last resort.

ReputationRep:
    Nursing and Midwifery places are never put into Clearing.

Have you asked the Universities that rejected you *why* they didnt offer you a place? The most common reason with Nursing/Midwifery is that they dont think you are mature enough to cope with the demands of the course. To put it bluntly, you have to be able to show you are capable of clearing up other people's vomit, can deal with upset/unreasonable people even when you are knackered - and tell a mother her newborn baby has just died. This means you have to get some real practical experience - like working in a Care Home, a Special School or a Mental Health Day Centre etc etc - to be able to prove you have got what it takes to do a course that is as emotionally demanding as Midwifery.

Take a year out and get this experience, and reapply. Or think about doing something other than Midwifery like an Allied Health profession - dietitian, speech therapy, physio, community health etc.

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.