Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Mind games or not interested anymore? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I've got a bit of a problem with a girl I like and could really do with some advice whether to just move on or what. Basically, me and a girl started getting close, we would talk for like an hour or 2 everyday, had these forfeits as an inside joke which slowly came to me having to buy her a drink and kissing her, so obviously it was all going well.

We both went home for Easter (organised to buy the drink when we were back) and haven't spoke as much since we went back home. She randomly text me the other day about basically getting with a guy who was younger then she thought and she hated herself for it in a jokey way etc. and obviously this kind of annoyed me so I just gave short replies and ended the conversation.

I guess what I'm asking is, is this a ploy for attention maybe? or to make me jealous which my friends think or is she just over me now and treating me as a friend. Any advice would be great because its got me a bit down...

ReputationRep:
    It could be her trying to make you jealous. Sounds like she likes you if shes gonna let you kiss her!

ReputationRep:
    That's what I originally thought but after things have quietened down I guess I'm just doubting everything now :/ Just don't understand why she would tell me something like that
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Ah I really hate people who play these games if that is the case that she is doing it to make you jealous.

ReputationRep:
    Thank for the replies guys, that seems to be what most people are saying. Now to figure out what to do about it... haha

ReputationRep:
    She probably thinks that she's pissed you off, so is waiting for you to initiate things again.

ReputationRep:
    She might just want to be honest with you about getting with a younger guy and she may be ashamed or that could be displaying a message that she has clearly moved on and she wishes you to do the same. She really should be direct with you and it would be sensible to discuss this with her. People who don't expain things and just leave you hanging without proper explaination makes you feel a bit awkard and unaware of what to do. It's people like that who really do annoy me. Sensible thing to do would be to talk to her about how you feel instead of keeping it to yourself. She may respect you for it or think you are weird and turn her nose up at you. In that case then I would find someone else and let her keep her toyboys and tell her to get her head out of her ass as it is not a hat.

ReputationRep:
    hate mind games too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tu_es_jolie_x)
    She probably thinks that she's pissed you off, so is waiting for you to initiate things again.
    Really appreciate the comments guys! I hadn't thought about the pissed me off thing until you and someone else close to me mentioned it. I guess I definitely gave off that vibe... Think I'll leave it a couple of days, do my own thing then give her a text or something. Hope that's ok, not used to mind games (if this is what it is) and hope they don't go on for long! Think I just needed some reassurance. Thanks again!

ReputationRep:
    play game of thrones with her, and behead her

ReputationRep:
    ahh man really hate when girls start playin these games (no games by serani comes in mind lol) but yhh only she knows the truth but imo she probably is tryin to make you jealous...im not sayin what she said didnt happen, it might have but the fact that shes tellin you is a sure thing to make you jealous...but yhh try to like ignore her for a couple of days and then maybe drop a text like how boring it is at home or something and see where it goes from there

good luck

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to say it but she's definitely playing you. If she really liked you she wouldn't have got with another guy, let alone tell you about it and act like it was a laughing matter.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I would personally ignore her and not bother with her

ReputationRep:
    she might simply think you are not exclusive yet.... she might think you would see other girlstoo.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 28, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.