Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm a first year university student where uniforms are not compulsory. But I would like to start wearing something smart, like a uniform, again for my second year at university to make myself focus on lectures and study harder.

Would it be weird to be the only one wearing a uniform (black trousers, black v-neck pull over, white shirt and tie(university tie)) from the whole class/campus?

What would you think if you saw someone wear a uniform (EVERY SINGLE DAY) while everyone do not wear a uniform?

ReputationRep:
    I'd lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NikkookkiN)
    I'm a first year university student where uniforms are not compulsory. But I would like to start wearing something smart, like a uniform, again for my second year at university to make myself focus on lectures and study harder.

Would it be weird to be the only one wearing a uniform (black trousers, black v-neck pull over, white shirt and tie(university tie)) from the whole class/campus?

What would you think if you saw someone wear a uniform (EVERY SINGLE DAY) while everyone do not wear a uniform?
    I'd think "um, they're a bit intense"...

You can dress smartly without having to be in a 'uniform', you know?

edit: I'd also pmsl

ReputationRep:
    There's a guy I see walking around in a suit all the time. He's a student in first year. Pretty strange to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    Dress smartly by all means, but I'd say wearing a uniform would be counter-productive.

i.e. People would laugh at you.

I'd just go for business dress instead; it should have the same effect in making you want to work harder, it'll get you ready for working life and you'll be able to wear the clothes you buy when you graduate. I think wearing the same clothes every day will attract excessive levels of unwanted attention, business dress will still attract attention but not as much and will make you look more grown up.

ReputationRep:
    I'd give them a wedgie and call them a briefcase ****er

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NikkookkiN)

I would have found it very strange.

I also can't imagine how/why it would help you focus other than the fact it might alienate you from other people in the lectures.....

You don't have to go in a hoodie every day, you can still dress fairly smart, I just think you'd be better off with smart casual rather than full on smart.

Can I ask what course it is that you do?????

ReputationRep:
    Personally find it a bit strange. We have sports wear we're meant to wear for certain lectures (institute trackies/sweat pants, polo shirt/ t-shirt, and optional hoodie), but even then most people don't wear it properly, and the nurses/paramedics have real uniforms, but to make your own one up seems a tad odd.

Don't really see how wearing a made up uniform to lectures is going to make you more focused and study harder. Does choosing which pair of trousers and top to wear each day take up that much time and effort, and do normal clothes distract you that much? O_o

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.