Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

I don't know how to cope anymore Watch

ReputationRep:
    You feel like you’re drowning in work and there is no way out. like you are trapped and overwhelmed by all the things you have to do. you push it to the back of your mind, you try to forget but the more you do it the more it builds up till it overflows and pushes you to a new low. you feel alone, scared and confused and there is nothing you can do so you just keep moving on, hating yourself, hiding deep within yourself because it’s the only place you can hide. you show people lie and then begin to wonder where the real you has gone. it’s inside you, the place it always was. it’s scary to be living like this and i don’t want anyone else to feel like me. but people do. feel free to message me if you want to talk. most people probably don’t because you feel like asking for help is admitting it, or you feel like you don’t deserve the help because you are the one who normally gives it, or you feel ashamed of how you feel you think, if so many other people can cope why can’t i? but it’s okay, i promise. i wanted this post to have a happy or inspirational ending but i haven’t found it yet. i’ll keep looking

ReputationRep:
    this is exactly how I feel, I couldn't have said it better myself. I do have depression, untreated, but I hate using that as an excuse as to why I feel so overwhelmed all the time like I don't have a grip on my life. I never have any motivation to anything no matter how little. like today I was going to cancel my Netflix but I kept putting it off and off and now I have to pay for it for another month. I am supposed to call the dentist and make an apt but I have put it off and off and now they have sent letters through. I have so much work for uni to do that I keep telling myself can wait til later. I have my driving test to book again after failing twice. I have a lot of anxiety which seems to be getting progressively worse. All I want to do is go back in to a time where I didn't have all these stresses. a lot of personal stuff I am stressed about as well, but those are just about myself mainly that I hate how I look. I wish I could just turn it all off. ugh sadly you have to just live day by day feeling this way with no escape. every so often though something inside me says I can do it, I can do well in life and achieve what I want and for a few hours I feel really motivated like I can do anything. then it goes away and its back to me telling myself I cant do anything and that my life is doomed to fail at everything.

Welcome to TSR btw, thanks for letting me rant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zelkeene)
    You feel like you’re drowning in work and there is no way out. like you are trapped and overwhelmed by all the things you have to do. you push it to the back of your mind, you try to forget but the more you do it the more it builds up till it overflows and pushes you to a new low. you feel alone, scared and confused and there is nothing you can do so you just keep moving on, hating yourself, hiding deep within yourself because it’s the only place you can hide. you show people lie and then begin to wonder where the real you has gone. it’s inside you, the place it always was. it’s scary to be living like this and i don’t want anyone else to feel like me. but people do. feel free to message me if you want to talk. most people probably don’t because you feel like asking for help is admitting it, or you feel like you don’t deserve the help because you are the one who normally gives it, or you feel ashamed of how you feel you think, if so many other people can cope why can’t i? but it’s okay, i promise. i wanted this post to have a happy or inspirational ending but i haven’t found it yet. i’ll keep looking
    I think that you're offering to listen to people and be a friend is a good enough intent that could lead to a happy solution. When people see your thread, there's a good chance you could have given them a hopeful and understanding way of helping their personal problems. You've earned my respect

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 28, 2013
Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.