Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

Band of Brothers - Anyone a fan? :D Watch

ReputationRep:
    well?

ReputationRep:
    I found it difficult to tell the characters apart when they were in the trenches and wearing helmets

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fusion)
    I found it difficult to tell the characters apart when they were in the trenches and wearing helmets
    same! and when my brother is watching it too he is always telling me what the actors have done in other things or do later on

but still very good

ReputationRep:
    yea i had to watch it twice to figure out who was who but the best episode is when the are in bastogne

ReputationRep:
    I love it! Always end up getting too emotional over it though haha! Trying to convince a friend of mine to have a Band of Brothers marathon with me, so far no luck >.<

ReputationRep:
    same here lol, watched it when a couple of years ago now and absolutely loved it
    any of you guys seen the pacific (from the creators of band of brothers); its pretty good too but not at the same level as this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by biffyCallbutt)
    I love it! Always end up getting too emotional over it though haha! Trying to convince a friend of mine to have a Band of Brothers marathon with me, so far no luck >.<
    Join the club! lol i feel like im the only one out of my friends who actually likes it (i own it on DVD) its no fun watching own your own right?

ReputationRep:
    10 episodes?
    I think I've seen 2 discs/ 4 episodes... Is this where they feed the soldiers their favorite food/ spaghetti and force them to run afterwards?

ReputationRep:
    I think most of the main characters except for Donnie off NKOTB and the second-in-command guy are British actors. Obviously Damian Lewis and Dexter Fletcher - but also the guy that steals all of Hitler's cutlery and the medic who is a poor man's Johnny Depp.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by biffyCallbutt)
    You need better friends.

I love BoB. I even went to most of the actual sights when I was in France working. On weekends I'd go to see Carentan etc. This is me even doing a History degree and working in History, I still get excited about it, hah.

Me and my best friend have seen it so much we often quote random lines from it all the time at each other.

Was truly brilliant. I'll happily marathon it any time!!

ReputationRep:
    Yes! The music is amazing aswell, just hearing it now brings the whole thing back to me

ReputationRep:

**** Winters' speech :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by McCaffery)
    Join the club! lol i feel like im the only one out of my friends who actually likes it (i own it on DVD) its no fun watching own your own right?
    Yup, I watched them all with my family but none of them want to watch them again :/ May have to bribe them... haha!

ReputationRep:
    I watched them all a while ago! really enjoyed it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clip)
    I think most of the main characters except for Donnie off NKOTB and the second-in-command guy are British actors. Obviously Damian Lewis and Dexter Fletcher - but also the guy that steals all of Hitler's cutlery and the medic who is a poor man's Johnny Depp.

Donnie was the only reason I watched Band of Brothers

ReputationRep:
    Anyone interested http://collider.com/hbo-band-of-brothers-series/

(Original post by Clip)
    I think most of the main characters except for Donnie off NKOTB and the second-in-command guy are British actors.
    Erm no, I don't know what series you watched but I watched a series full of American actors with 3 Brits (Damian, Dexter and Ross McCall) and 1 South African (Peter something)... that was the main group of guys, there were a couple of other Brits later one during fillers but the main characters were mainly American.

ReputationRep:
    Fan would be an understatment to describe what I am.

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha, agreed!! Took me ages to work out who the hell Spiers was.

I absolutely adore the last couple of episodes though. Incredible.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I loved this series. I also really enjoyed the Pacific. If you haven't read the book, or some of the books written by the guys in the series such as Richard Winters or Bill Guarnere, I highly recommend it.

Just out of interest, how do you guys feel about the depiction of Herbert Sobel in the series?

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.