They usually dont do interviews. I had the same mix up lol
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 281
Original post by Angela Sk
Hello
I got an offer for the Athropology+ Foundation Course.
Would you be able to tell me about the biology syllabus? Topics,books etc.)

Do you mean on the foundation year? If so the list of modules are available from the online handbook via the website, which you can access information on what each module covers

http://www.dur.ac.uk/resources/faculty.handbook/degrees/frameworks/l604.pdf

As far as I know you don't get a book list until the course starts. All I can suggest is read as much as you can on the subject. The short introduction books are a good starting point. Any other questions let me know.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 282
Original post by ebowey
Do you mean on the foundation year? If so the list of modules are available from the online handbook via the website, which you can access information on what each module covers

http://www.dur.ac.uk/resources/faculty.handbook/degrees/frameworks/l604.pdf

As far as I know you don't get a book list until the course starts. All I can suggest is read as much as you can on the subject. The short introduction books are a good starting point. Any other questions let me know.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you very much)
That is exactly what i was looking for and could not find.Thank you
Reply 283
Guys you all need to check out the Facebook group if you haven't already, it's called, 'Durham University Firmers'

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi I can not find this Facebook page :-( is anyone else doing primary ed, with the foundation year.
Its because the group is closed, you have to be invited. Give me your name and I can invite you. And I'm pretty sure that I have seen people there who will be studying pri ed. :smile:
Original post by Kleemarie29
Hi I can not find this Facebook page :-( is anyone else doing primary ed, with the foundation year.

Original post by Kleemarie29

Here you go:

http://www.facebook.com/groups/439164319500884/?fref=ts

Thank you very much for this I have sent a request over. Xx
Hatfield, geography w foundation. Anyone know if there is a coffee morning or any socials at the foundation centre before uni kicks off?
Reply 290
Original post by Leedsample
Hatfield, geography w foundation. Anyone know if there is a coffee morning or any socials at the foundation centre before uni kicks off?

During the induction/ freshers week there are activities at the foundation centre. Also at your college there will be loads going on in terms of socials.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 291
Hello everyone!

I'll be doing Psychology (Applied) with Foundation, I'm in Stevo but I requested to live in Mezzino but I haven't heard yet. Is anyone else going up on the 13th September for the open day? Be nice to meet up with other people also doing the foundation year if anyone is.

Also does anyone know what parking is like in Stockton? I know in Durham it is supposed to be really bad, but I'm wondering if parking will be an issue if I bring my car up with me?
Reply 292
Original post by ChloeT_1
Hello everyone!

I'll be doing Psychology (Applied) with Foundation, I'm in Stevo but I requested to live in Mezzino but I haven't heard yet. Is anyone else going up on the 13th September for the open day? Be nice to meet up with other people also doing the foundation year if anyone is.

Also does anyone know what parking is like in Stockton? I know in Durham it is supposed to be really bad, but I'm wondering if parking will be an issue if I bring my car up with me?

Hi
Queens has a largish car park on campus, which is free.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 293
Original post by ebowey
Hi
Queens has a largish car park on campus, which is free.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks so much :smile:
Reply 294
Hi,
Can foundations students participate in the freshers week activities and all the college ceremonies?
Hi,
Can foundations students participate in the freshers week activities and all the college ceremonies?

Ceremonies are only for specific groups of people, so no-one is able to go to "all the college ceremonies". As to whether you'll have your own, I'm afraid I don't know anything about colleges with respect to Foundation students!

But activities, almost certainly, if there aren't special ones for you that they encourage you to go to.
Reply 296
Hi,

Each college has there only set of stuff going on through the week. As a foundation student you have all the same benefits as the other undergraduates in terms of socials. Some students from other colleges do invites friends to balls and events. But any questions on the first day of inductions see the reps at your college.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys,

Basically I moved to England in March 2012 so I had 6 weeks to do GCSEs and got ABBBCC. For my AS Levels I took Biology, Maths, Chem and Psychology (got BCCC). Dropped Psychology now and I'm predicted ABB but the Bsc Economics course at Durham requires A*AA. Do you think I'm eligible to apply for the Economics with Foundation undergrad course?
Reply 298
Original post by LeBron96
Hey guys,

Basically I moved to England in March 2012 so I had 6 weeks to do GCSEs and got ABBBCC. For my AS Levels I took Biology, Maths, Chem and Psychology (got BCCC). Dropped Psychology now and I'm predicted ABB but the Bsc Economics course at Durham requires A*AA. Do you think I'm eligible to apply for the Economics with Foundation undergrad course?

Hi
You may find that due to your predicted grades you could be rejected for the foundation course. Your grades should be good enough to apply directly onto a degree programme. But, there is no harm in contacting the department to enquire. Due to the nature of the FC department, you maybe overqualified for entry. But do check with them.
Original post by ebowey
Hi
You may find that due to your predicted grades you could be rejected for the foundation course. Your grades should be good enough to apply directly onto a degree programme. But, there is no harm in contacting the department to enquire. Due to the nature of the FC department, you maybe overqualified for entry. But do check with them.

Thanks, yeah, I sent them the enquiry form thing to find out :smile:
Most of their courses range from A*AA-AAA though, so I don't know.

Do you know if the Economics with Foundation (or any Foundation) course is competitive?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending