Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by criticalnature)
    I've just applied for the Anthropology Foundation.

I'm a little confused on the interview - the foundation website seems to suggest they do interview whereas my 'application confirmation' email from the admissions department states that most decisions are made without one...
    Hi

I'm not 100% sure, it may depend, are you from the uk? I assume that what is written via the website is correct. I would email the department to make sure. Don't want to give you the wrong information.

[email protected]

ps the Anthropology module in the foundation year is brilliant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aimeelou89)
    Hi
    I start criminology foundation this year and I've been reading through a few forums and most people say you never get the college you apply for? Is this correct? Iv applied for butler - is it a popular college?

Also the term starts on the 1st of October but many people are saying we would be expected to arrive late September?

Thanks
    Are you starting October 2013? I'm doing the Combined Social Sciences 2013 .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Himynameskiefer)
    Are you starting October 2013? I'm doing the Combined Social Sciences 2013 .

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey yeah I start in October I'm doing criminology foundation can't wait

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey yeah I start in October I'm doing criminology foundation can't wait

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sweet! Chances are we'll be in similar/same classes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ebowey)
    Hi

I'm not 100% sure, it may depend, are you from the uk? I assume that what is written via the website is correct. I would email the department to make sure. Don't want to give you the wrong information.

[email protected]

ps the Anthropology module in the foundation year is brilliant.
    I am from the UK. Basically it's that I'm no good at waiting lol. Plus I'd think I'd feel better about being unsuccessful (if the case may be) after having an interview than without one.

Also I based most of my statement on the anthropology (as I applied for Health and Human Sciences) part - which now I'm slightly debating having done...

Wow I realised it was competitive but 2/3 people per subject. Do you know how many apply? It's more than understandable if not that many people apply to begin with. In my case very few universities even have anthropology departments.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by criticalnature)
    I am from the UK. Basically it's that I'm no good at waiting lol. Plus I'd think I'd feel better about being unsuccessful (if the case may be) after having an interview than without one.

Also I based most of my statement on the anthropology (as I applied for Health and Human Sciences) part - which now I'm slightly debating having done...

Wow I realised it was competitive but 2/3 people per subject. Do you know how many apply? It's more than understandable if not that many people apply to begin with. In my case very few universities even have anthropology departments.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm not sure how many apply on a whole, but I think with the size of the foundation department and the spaces available on the progression route they need to cap the number that gets in. I know students who apply in June and get in, so don't panic in terms of entry numbers. If you show a keen interest in your subject you'll be fine. The interview is more of a chat, which is less pressurised compared to most Uni interviews.

I'm sure your personal statement is fine. You can change your progression route during the foundation year if you want to do a anthropology bsc

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone. Have any of you fine people applied for foundation with medicine follow through? Just wondering what your own UKCAT score was and how far along the process you have got yet?

Many Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Sweet! Chances are we'll be in similar/same classes
    which college have u applied too? When do we find out which one were attached too?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just a random question - I'm studying Biology , Chemistry and business , would I be able to apply for the LLB foundation and what would the grade requirements be ? Hoping to do medicine but it's good to keep options open haha xD

ReputationRep:
    which college have u applied too? When do we find out which one were attached too?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I haven't applied for a specific College. College Allocating starts today I believe; they will be sending out letters from today onwards.

ReputationRep:
    Hello may i knw what r the minimum entry requirements for the LLB foundation course in Durham University?

ReputationRep:
    I haven't applied for a specific College. College Allocating starts today I believe; they will be sending out letters from today onwards.
    Yeah I got mine through last night. Have you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I was allocated my College last night too, Hatfield. Ive got an offer for Law with foundation.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I got mine through last night. Have you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Not yet; did you get yours through email or letter via post? What College are you allocated to?

ReputationRep:
    Mine was an Email btw, but I have read some colleges send it in the post!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hegelian)
    Mine was an Email btw, but I have read some colleges send it in the post!
    Awesome - I'm just waiting for my allocation now! Not sure what to expect for an applicant living at home studying Combined Social Sciences with Foundation. Any ideas as to which College to expect?

ReputationRep:
    Not yet; did you get yours through email or letter via post? What College are you allocated to?
    Got it through email. I'm allocated to butler which is where I applied so I'm happy lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hegelian)
    I was allocated my College last night too, Hatfield. Ive got an offer for Law with foundation.
    Congratulations I'm studying criminology with foundation

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Got it through email. I'm allocated to butler which is where I applied so I'm happy lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Congrats!

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.