Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I know both these courses are in demand and I know how limited the places are.

Do university's offer more places on the nursing course and due to this would u say its easier to get into nursing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think it's definitely easier to get into nursing in the sense that there are more places and it's easier to get experience to apply for nursing. I know a lot of people that have been turned down for midwifery but I also know a lot of people turned down fr nursing too. My friend knows she will definitely not get into midwifery, because I think most unis ask for a level biology whereas nursin doesn't. So he is applying for nursing and hoping todo the two year post grad diploma in midwifery after she has graduated as a nurse. But it depends on yourself and your own application to whether you will get into midwifery or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucyab)
    I think it's definitely easier to get into nursing in the sense that there are more places and it's easier to get experience to apply for nursing. I know a lot of people that have been turned down for midwifery but I also know a lot of people turned down fr nursing too. My friend knows she will definitely not get into midwifery, because I think most unis ask for a level biology whereas nursin doesn't. So he is applying for nursing and hoping todo the two year post grad diploma in midwifery after she has graduated as a nurse. But it depends on yourself and your own application to whether you will get into midwifery or not.
    wait is it a he or a she?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Legal drugdealer)
    wait is it a he or a she?
    I've just re read this ha. She's a she. My iPod is the worst for mistakes when I'm typing fast!

ReputationRep:
    I've just re read this ha. She's a she. My iPod is the worst for mistakes when I'm typing fast!

ReputationRep:
    I got places for both courses so I am pretty familiar with entry to both courses. I'd agree with those who say midwifery is tougher to get into largely because there are fewer midwifery courses and places.

I got into nursing without an interview but I had to go through two interviews for midwifery and needed hospital experience so that's another factor.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Enigma55)
    I got places for both courses so I am pretty familiar with entry to both courses. I'd agree with those who say midwifery is tougher to get into largely because there are fewer midwifery courses and places.

I got into nursing without an interview but I had to go through two interviews for midwifery and needed hospital experience so that's another factor.
    What uni did you get into nursing without an interview :eek: ? I've never heard of this! I had to have interviews at all of mine!

ReputationRep:
    Kingston but this was 7 years ago so it may have changed. I had a lot of experience so that may have been why.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sheilamends)
    I know both these courses are in demand and I know how limited the places are.

Do university's offer more places on the nursing course and due to this would u say its easier to get into nursing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Most colleges (and some uni's) will advise you to do adult nursing first and post grad midwifery.

Although adult nursing is very competitive, in comparison to midwifery, it is easier to get on to

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Kingston but this was 7 years ago so it may have changed. I had a lot of experience so that may have been why.
    Ah I see. That's probably why! I was quite shocked then ha. I'm starting adult nursing in September can't wait!

ReputationRep:
    Ah I see. That's probably why! I was quite shocked then ha. I'm starting adult nursing in September can't wait!
    Where you starting? Good luck!

I decided against doing either course and did something totally different, but a friend of mine did child nursing and she loved it.

ReputationRep:
    Where you starting? Good luck!

I decided against doing either course and did something totally different, but a friend of mine did child nursing and she loved it.
    Thank you ! I'm going to Teesside. I got offers from Northumbria, Teesside, Nottingham and Lincoln. I withdrew from Leeds met. Chose Teesside for various reasons. But thanks how come you chose against them?

To the OP, if you need any advice about applying or experience or anything il be happy to help!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you ! I'm going to Teesside. I got offers from Northumbria, Teesside, Nottingham and Lincoln. I withdrew from Leeds met. Chose Teesside for various reasons. But thanks how come you chose against them?

To the OP, if you need any advice about applying or experience or anything il be happy to help!
    In my opinion I wasn't mature enough. Not to say that I was immature, but I just didn't have the right life experience and skills I felt I needed.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks so much for the help and advice guys. Really appreciate it. I guess all hope is not lost!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hiya everyone - sorry haven't had a chance to read back through all of the posts. Just wondering if anyone in here has a place at Teesside for midwifery??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Studentmidwifegg)
    Hiya everyone - sorry haven't had a chance to read back through all of the posts. Just wondering if anyone in here has a place at Teesside for midwifery??
    I have adult nursing at Teesside may possibly be in some lectures together!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Studentmidwifegg)
    My girlfriend got an unconditional last year but to start this september for midwifery

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.