Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Any ideas what these lumps are? (pictures) Watch

ReputationRep:
    The obvious answer is go to a doctor but my doctors don't have many appointments available at the moment so I thought I'd ask here first. I have been sorting my room out at a new flat I'm moving in to and my grandad said insect bites but it's a bit of a weird place to be bitten, especially as I've been wearing a cardigan all day. Anyone have any idea what these might be, they're red, raised and really itchy but quite sore after scratching. I had an allergic reaction and dermatitis on my scalp about a month ago so I've got some cream that says it can be used for itchy rashes, eczema and dermatitis that I could perhaps put on it. If it get's worse I'll go to a doctor but it might just be something that might go away if I put cream on it. I just have no idea what it is and what caused it.

Name:  DSC_0463[1].jpg
Views: 239
Size:  473.6 KB
    Name:  DSC_0464[1].jpg
Views: 207
Size:  245.9 KB

ReputationRep:
    I second insect bites; they could have got under your cardigan.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah bed bugs and flees would happily live in your cardigan given the chance.

ReputationRep:
    Oh right :/ thank you, what the best way to treat insect bites?

ReputationRep:
    Bicarbonate soda and vinegar or TSP. They should go down on its own but if it's ichy get some insect bite cream from the local supermarket

ReputationRep:
    Thank you I have some anti histamines that should work for the itchiness I just hate how these bumps feel and they're pretty sore

ReputationRep:
    Was worried when I read the title. Looks like insect bites, PHEW!

ReputationRep:
    they look like bed bug bites. you said you're moving into a new flat? yeah... bed bugs stick around, not just in matresses but in bed frames and carpets. you can just use some E45/hydrochorsitone cream until they go down, but what you really need to do is get something to spray in your room to kill the bugs, or if possible replace the carpet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lumos)
    they look like bed bug bites. you said you're moving into a new flat? yeah... bed bugs stick around, not just in matresses but in bed frames and carpets. you can just use some E45/hydrochorsitone cream until they go down, but what you really need to do is get something to spray in your room to kill the bugs, or if possible replace the carpet.
    The bed I have has actually been stored in a green house for storage till we got given keys for this flat but council took the carpets out of the room and the carpets we've got down are brand new, so I'm not sure if it's bed bugs or may just be actual insects, I will see if I can get some insect repellent or something just incase there are any lingering around the flat. I haven't actually got moved in yet though so maybe if that's what it is it would be better to try prevent them before I move in properly

ReputationRep:
    Update they were so sore last night so went to doctor and he said it's flea bites, I'm gonna get some spray and spray everything down, never had them before and so itchy and sore Got some cream for it now too

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 28, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.