Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hypothecial: The Women you love is getting married to someone else watch

Do you go to thier wedding?

You are deeply in love with this women i might add

Note: this is not a front for something, i am just curious as to peoples answers

ReputationRep:
    does she feel the same about me? then why the hell is she marrying him
    does she not feel the same? then i understand why shes marrying him
    do i not know how she feels? then why the hell have i waited till her wedding day to tell her!!!!!!

in short, no.

Edit: i thought you meant go and try and stop her, which is a NO. but if its go and be there whilst she getting married, then yes. you never know she might say my name at the altar like ross!

ReputationRep:
    I'm assuming that she either doesn't know, or knows and isn't too fussed about it, or you wouldn't be invited.

If you value her as a friend, I would go and wish her happiness - you'll only have to make up an awkward excuse if you don't go. Don't go making any wild declarations though.

i forgot to add some info to this, lets say she knows your true feelings for her, but it's been a little while since you declared em (about a year) but the feelings are still just as strong, but you're trying to move on, but sometimes you get overcome by anger and jealously that she is with this other guy and not you

ReputationRep:
    Depends. I think it would be good for closure. If you go, it'll be more solidified in your mind that she's actually gone, rather than holding onto the false hope. Tough, but in the long run it'll help you move on.

But on the other hand, no offence, but seeing you at her wedding might just make things awkward, or make her feel guilty (especially if she knows you get so jealous) and that wouldn't be terribly nice on her big day. On the other, other hand, if you don't go she'll probably suspect why, and that might also make her guilty.

Think honestly, does she want you there? And I think that's your answer. You have your life to be jealous and move on and such, but this is her day. If you really love her, do and act how you think will make her truly happiest. Just for this day.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't go. It will just make you feel horrible.

ReputationRep:

So like that MV? I wouldn't go myself, too painful to watch.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    ... WomEn? Plural? :eyeball:

ReputationRep:
    Just wanted to check - are you actually invited to this wedding? Because if you aren't, then my response would be very different!

(Original post by Helenia)
    Just wanted to check - are you actually invited to this wedding? Because if you aren't, then my response would be very different!
    yes ofc you are invited, even i'm not that stupid to go to a wedding that i'm not inivted too

ReputationRep:
    Why the anon for a hypothetical question?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No.

And I would remind myself that the notion of a single person you're meant to be with is stupid, and move on with my life.

ReputationRep:
    You can drop the hypothetical speech now.. Everyone knows that it's your situation.

(Original post by CodeJack)
    You can drop the hypothetical speech now.. Everyone knows that it's your situation.
    it isn't actually, hand on heart

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Do you go to thier wedding?

You are deeply in love with this women i might add

Note: this is not a front for something, i am just curious as to peoples answers
    I'd say go as this might help you in moving on.

Seeing her happy may leave you feeling she has made her choice and you should be happy for her even though you aren't.

ReputationRep:
    Wedding= free booze/food/bridesmaids
    Hell yeah imma go

ReputationRep:
    Sure I'd go. I'd just take a shotgun.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    yes ofc you are invited, even i'm not that stupid to go to a wedding that i'm not inivted too
    You never know - there have been people on here who've thought that gatecrashing and declaring their love for the bride/groom on the day might actually be a good strategy! :s:

(Original post by Helenia)
    You never know - there have been people on here who've thought that gatecrashing and declaring their love for the bride/groom on the day might actually be a good strategy! :s:
    i have to admit i have thought about it: i've been watching that family guy episode one too many times

ReputationRep:
    "I Ross take thee Rachel..." :bricks:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 28, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.