Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hello, sorry in advance if this post is a bit TL;DR / contains a few mistakes!
    I am a European student and I am about to complete my last year of high school (Literature-oriented pathway with Fine Arts as a speciality). For a long time now, I have wanted to move to England. I was quite thrilled at the thought of studying there until I found out about the cost of higher education. It was quite a surprise for me to stumble across the UAL site the other day and to learn about their Foundation Diploma courses (no tuition fees!). But now I have so many questions and I am in a bit of rush, too.

I would like to read people's thoughts about the Access To HE Design course at LCC. Is it any good? Would you recommend it? At first, I was more into studying Fine Arts, but I got really interested in Graphic Design. It's not too late to send out an application and, since I have good grades as well as previous experience in study in art, maybe it's worth trying... I am passionate about art, but my lack of confidence tends to get in the way of my desire to experiment so I thought this might be a good transition and that it would give me time to work on myself (I initially looked at Foundation Diploma courses, but I will never be able to apply on time and meet the requirements for highly-selective Unis); that way I can ease myself into Uni life in a foreign country. What do you reckon?
    My BIG concerns are the following:
    - Could I get on the course knowing I will only turn 18 in September of this year?
    - If yes, what to do next? Can I go from this to a Foundation Diploma course in Art & Design at either CSM, LCC or Camberwell?

Also, if you know of any good Access To HE Art & Design courses in London please let me know! Thank you very much for reading.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.