Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

UAL: Access To HE Design + Foundation? watch

    • Thread Starter

    Hello, sorry in advance if this post is a bit TL;DR / contains a few mistakes!
    I am a European student and I am about to complete my last year of high school (Literature-oriented pathway with Fine Arts as a speciality). For a long time now, I have wanted to move to England. I was quite thrilled at the thought of studying there until I found out about the cost of higher education. It was quite a surprise for me to stumble across the UAL site the other day and to learn about their Foundation Diploma courses (no tuition fees!). But now I have so many questions and I am in a bit of rush, too.

    I would like to read people's thoughts about the Access To HE Design course at LCC. Is it any good? Would you recommend it? At first, I was more into studying Fine Arts, but I got really interested in Graphic Design. It's not too late to send out an application and, since I have good grades as well as previous experience in study in art, maybe it's worth trying... I am passionate about art, but my lack of confidence tends to get in the way of my desire to experiment so I thought this might be a good transition and that it would give me time to work on myself (I initially looked at Foundation Diploma courses, but I will never be able to apply on time and meet the requirements for highly-selective Unis); that way I can ease myself into Uni life in a foreign country. What do you reckon?
    My BIG concerns are the following:
    - Could I get on the course knowing I will only turn 18 in September of this year?
    - If yes, what to do next? Can I go from this to a Foundation Diploma course in Art & Design at either CSM, LCC or Camberwell?

    Also, if you know of any good Access To HE Art & Design courses in London please let me know! Thank you very much for reading.
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.