Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    hi im thinking of coming here to qub after i have finished my a levels and ive read other posts and some say the social life is great wheras others have said its dead please could you reply and give your reasons why.

ReputationRep:
    Weekends a pretty much dead. There's a lot less going on although you hear quite a lot of English accents on Friday and Saturday nights so I wouldn't say there's no one there but there's a massive difference. Many students go home for the weekend but there'll be the odd person who stays up plus all the internationals.

ReputationRep:
    Probably the best time to get work done! Place is undoubtedly much quieter as local students head home, but the SU, Treehouse Bar and other Queen's groups try to organise as many weekend activities and events for all students over the weekends, so it's not all gloom!

I'm from N.Ireland so when I stayed in Elms I would go home on Friday evenings or Saturday mornings - but I loved Elms!

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.