Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emrys141)
    That's fantastic! Did you get into the uni you wanted? Do you know what you want to do with your degree? Also, what do you like best about it? Sorry for all the questions!
    yeah im at northumbria was my insurance choice but the course is so fun! its just that theres so many different areas of psychology from learning about obesity to how people form impressions. and im not exactly sure but either teaching psychology at a level or further training to become a health psychologist.

ReputationRep:
    I do biology, chemistry and psychology - I hope to go to Royal Holloway in 2013 to study psychology!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emrys141)
    I'm doing Psychology, RS, English Lit and History - does it matter that I haven't done Biology? I wanted to do History at Uni, but I'm finding AS History and really struggle and I just don't think I'm going to do well. What A Levels did you/are you taking? What grades did you get?
    I took Psychology, Sociology and Art and got B, A, A
    I also did AS Philosophy and AS Critical thinking for which I got A and a C

Biology would be helpful but isnt needed. maths too. alot of the first year covers what you learnt in A Level.

ReputationRep:
    I'm in my A2 year, and applying for psychology and I do psychology, sociology and politics. I doubt a level subjects matter. You get a run through of everything in first year anyway

ReputationRep:
    AS Only
    English Language and Literature - C (Got an A in the Coursework, and a D in the exam)

Continued on to A2
    Psychology - Predicted A; will probably get B based on exam grades.
    Sociology - Predicted B; think I may be capable of an A if I push myself.
    History - Predicted B; probably going to be the subject that lets me down, and I'm currently 3 UMS marks below the B boundary.

I'm currently considering Aberdeen at the moment, for a Psychology and Sociology joint-course.

On an unrelated note, one thing that really discourages me about this website is when I see everyone else with all their A's and A*'s, and then compare it to my B's - makes me feel a bit jealous and let-down, y'know. Oh, well. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently doing Maths, English Lit, Art and Psychology as my AS Levels; predicted grades are BBAA respectively. If I push myself, I think I can reach an A in all of them but maths (which will most likely be a B).

So therefore maths is the one I should drop right? But, if I'm taking two 'art' subjects (Art and English) will that lower my chances of doing Psychology at universities? I'm looking into Bath, Durham, Cardiff, York, Sheffield and Keele at the moment.

I'm really not sure which subject I should drop. :unsure: Any help would be appreciated. x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pixie-Bee)
    I'm currently doing Maths, English Lit, Art and Psychology as my AS Levels; predicted grades are BBAA respectively. If I push myself, I think I can reach an A in all of them but maths (which will most likely be a B).

So therefore maths is the one I should drop right? But, if I'm taking two 'art' subjects (Art and English) will that lower my chances of doing Psychology at universities? I'm looking into Bath, Durham, Cardiff, York, Sheffield and Keele at the moment.

I'm really not sure which subject I should drop. :unsure: Any help would be appreciated. x
    Nope, not true. I took Psych, History, English Lit and Philosophy & Ethics at and dropped P&E for A2 and received 5 offers. It doesn't matter if your subjects are arts or sciences, although of course having sciences such as Biology and Maths will help. From memory, the only course that asks for a hard science (bio/chem/phys/maths) for the Psychology course is Manchester, and that's the Psychology with Cognitive Neuroscience choice, not standard Psychology.

It's best to achieve the best A2 grades in the subjects you feel most comfortable with. It's better to get AAA in English Lit, Psychology and Art then to get AAB in English Lit, Psychology and Maths, for example.

ReputationRep:
    Ah thank you very much! That's really good to know! With Art, Psychology and English, I'm on track for A*AA at the end of A2. Which means I'm hitting the entry requirements for all my university choices - I couldn't be sure that I'd be able to do that with maths, not confidently. So I'm glad I'll still be able to get in with those subjects.

So yeah, as far as the actual thread question goes; it'll probably be applying with Psych, English and Art. With the EPQ on top of that (Psychology and Art related).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pixie-Bee)
    Ah thank you very much! That's really good to know! With Art, Psychology and English, I'm on track for A*AA at the end of A2. Which means I'm hitting the entry requirements for all my university choices - I couldn't be sure that I'd be able to do that with maths, not confidently. So I'm glad I'll still be able to get in with those subjects.

So yeah, as far as the actual thread question goes; it'll probably be applying with Psych, English and Art. With the EPQ on top of that (Psychology and Art related).
    Where are you thinking of applying to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bjcross)
    yeah im at northumbria was my insurance choice but the course is so fun! its just that theres so many different areas of psychology from learning about obesity to how people form impressions. and im not exactly sure but either teaching psychology at a level or further training to become a health psychologist.
    I did A2 psychology, biology, geography, and (AS) chemistry and english lit (as levels only)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sannn)
    Where are you thinking of applying to?
    Bath, Durham, Cardiff, York, Sheffield and Keele.

But if I'm only allowed to apply to five - then I'm not too sure which one to 'drop'. xD

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.