Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Heriott watt or dundee for int business?? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I've finally got all my offers back, and I'm looking at a choice between either Heriott Watt for an MA in international business management or Dundee for international business. I need to get AB at higher for heriott watt, whereas Dundee is an unconditional, but thats not really a factor for me, I'm more interested in which is a better degree and which uni has better teaching standards etc.

I know heriott watt has a really good reputation for business, but Dundee is supposedly good too, and international business was the course i wanted to do originally, rather than management, so I'm not sure which to go for!

Any advice is appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    Dundee. Because you'll actually be able to say the name of the university without being ashamed. Heriot-Watt is supposed to be OK for these sorts of courses, but Dundee is a reputable university, which is important in later life.

But seriously, Dundee has fantastic student satisfaction, the quality of student life is supposed to be great and the cost of living in Dundee is much cheaper than Heriot-Watt. Heriot-Watt's campus is kind of in the middle of nowhere too, its a fair whack to get into the centre of Edinburgh for a night out.

I had an unconditional from Dundee too, and I regret not going there to this day.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 27, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.