Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey,
    I'm hoping to apply for a games art and design BA after I finish my A-levels, though I feel my designing skills aren't up to scratch so I was wondering if perhaps I should do the art and design foundation, and do uni a year later. But is it worth it? I found that when doing A-level art, the course structure was really difficult to base any of my projects with a games focus on it and I don't to start the foundation course if I find it hard to put any games focus on my work. I heard that often people apply because they don't really know which creative industry they want to go in to, though I'm adamant I want to go into the games industry.
    So is it worth me doing the foundation course?

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I'm currently doing a foundation course myself, and the course does allow you to do a lot of work in the pathway that you wish to choose for uni!

I think you should do the course if you think it would help you in a way... or your other choice would be to take a gap year and you could be practising your drawing and designing at home.

But the Foundation course DOES let you do very open projects that would focus on your interests and I think that it is helping me a lot with my illustrations pathways for uni

ReputationRep:
    I know this is an old threatening but I would love to know if you did the course and how it went?

I did foundation art 3 ish years ago and I found it to be the best experience in my life and it really made a difference in what I'm doing now.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.