Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    So did not get into vet school ... BUT
    have an offer to do animal science - nottingham , biovet - rvc
    So im not unrealistic and i get that 1 there is little point reapplying unless i get A* which i will not have therefore im going to do animal science or biovet.
    So im thinking in the future if im going to do something in like the conservation area like in africa or marine rescue USA - that kinda thing etc.
    OR im thinking id quite like to do research cause i did this extended project on mitral valve disease in dogs and got crazily into it.
    Id also like to have the option of then postgraduatingness for vet med ( i get this is expensive) .
    So my big question is .....
    Which should I do animal science/biovet ????
    Thank you muchly
    soz if this makes little sense im not the clearest person

ReputationRep:
    For conservation or research a straight science degree with phd would probably be better than either.

ReputationRep:
    I'm in a very similar situation and firmed bioveterinary at RVC because I think it opens more doors. Also, it's more highly regarded as a science degree generally

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,
    I did Animal Science at Nottingham (Sutton Bonington) before my veterinary degree, it's a very well established course - it has been running for decades - and will give you an excellent scientific training which will allow you to do absolutely anything. Animal scientists have been associated with quite groundbreaking work, e.g. the first test-tube baby, the cloning of Dolly the sheep etc.. I would highly recommend the Ani Sci course at Notts and the quality of teaching at SB is first class - leagues ahead of my veterinary degree tutors (both undergrad and post-grad). I definitely wouldn't say that the biovet degree is more highly regarded at all.

My advice would be to make your decision based on which uni you feel comfortable at, if you feel happy to spend three years there and course content. I wouldn't decided based soley on reputation.
    Hope this helps x

ReputationRep:
    Thanks
    I decided on animal science cause I really like the UNi and course

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.