Join TSR now to have your say on this topicSign up now

6 Scandinavians pee around on Shanghai highway Watch

ReputationRep:
    Name:  外国人随地小便.jpg
Views: 263
Size:  108.7 KB

Recently this news is heatedly discussed in China. They have been confirmed to be Danes. With increasingly many westerners visiting Shanghai/Beijing, such matters have been widely debated - some people totally blame these guys, while some of others argue that we should not have stricter moral standards for westerners.

It's interesting. what do you think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Londonburger)
    Name:  外国人随地小便.jpg
Views: 263
Size:  108.7 KB

Recently this news is heatedly discussed in China. They have been confirmed to be Danes. With increasingly many westerners visiting Shanghai/Beijing, such matters have been widely debated - some people totally blame these guys, while some of others argue that we should not have stricter moral standards for westerners.

It's interesting. what do you think?
    I don't think it's acceptable in Denmark to pee on the highway .
    I might be wrong :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bahjat93)
    I don't think it's acceptable in Denmark to pee on the highway .
    I might be wrong :dontknow:
    I have never been Denmark, so not sure. But it is apparently not acceptable in China. It would be even worsely blamed if it was happened in Japan.

ReputationRep:
    It's a criminal offence here, but whoopee, it's not like people are exposing their parts..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockrunride)
    It's a criminal offence here, but whoopee, it's not like people are exposing their parts..
    Really??!! But I can always see some drunk guys pee at public places after night out in London...

ReputationRep:
    I have never been Denmark, so not sure. But it is apparently not acceptable in China. It would be even worsely blamed if it was happened in Japan.
    The Chinese keep coming up with these new laws to get us westerners into trouble :unimpressed:.
    Next thing you know your not allowed to take a dump in a busy street! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Really??!! But I can always see some drunk guys pee at public places after night out in London...
    Just my two cents but I'm guessing police presence generally isn't that high unless something more serious happened. Fining/prosecuting someone for weeing in public isn't worth it when others are having fights and all...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, in what sense does "Some guys pissed at the side of a road" qualify as news?

ReputationRep:
    If you read the news story related to this, you'll find the driver was actually penalised because he's not allowed to stop in the motorway.. whilst the whites got off because there is no explicit law saying you cant pee on the road

However, white people in general in the far east are given leeway even when they break the law, simply because they are white e.g. punch a local as a white man, you're not charged... do it if youre chinese and you get thrown in jail. Especially in Shanghai, where there is an unhealthy idolisation of white people there (thus the reason why so many of us go there, to exploit this)

ReputationRep:
    What annoys the most is that they don't respect the country they are in. We had lots of similar issues in our country when some Swedish, Danish, Polish etc did a pee on embassy building and that happened lots of times. I'd just cut their genitals with my scissors so they won't be able to pee again.

For the person above, there must be a law stating that unacceptable behaviour in a public place can be fined. Doing a pee in such public place should be punishable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Casserole)
    If you read the news story related to this, you'll find the driver was actually penalised because he's not allowed to stop in the motorway.. whilst the whites got off because there is no explicit law saying you cant pee on the road

However, white people in general in the far east are given leeway even when they break the law, simply because they are white e.g. punch a local as a white man, you're not charged... do it if youre chinese and you get thrown in jail. Especially in Shanghai, where there is an unhealthy idolisation of white people there (thus the reason why so many of us go there, to exploit this)
    I really encourage you to punch a local as a white in Shanghai, as I would like to see what will happen when a group of chinese punch a white...you are deffo not going to be thrown in jail, you however are going to be in trouble for sure haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So you see people do it all the time, that doesn't make it less illegal.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 31, 2013
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.