Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    So I've applied to both the university of Leeds and the university of Manchester to do Maths with Philosophy.

Really can't decide still after multiple visits which to firm. My main focus is night life, pretty much wonna party as much as I can(and keep up with studies), then also accommodation, course and campus.

Anyone studying at either or partyed at both?

ReputationRep:
    If you're main priority is partying then it has got to be Leeds from what I hear.

ReputationRep:
    Both cities have a lot of nightlife - you won't get bored.

Accommodation wise, Manchester probably has the biggest choice of accommodation of any university in the UK, and you are guaranteed a place even if you come through clearing.

Course - I can't help you with that, although I have heard that Manchester exclusively does one type of philosophy (I can't remember if it's continental or analytic though). Make sure you are happy with that.

I think Manchester's campus is pretty nice - green space, lots of new buildings, and the busiest bus route in Europe to take you to your halls.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the replies guys, such a tough decision as they're both great universities. I'll look into the course details and hopefully it wont matter too much if I choose after accommodation day in Leeds.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Origami Bullets)
    Course - I can't help you with that, although I have heard that Manchester exclusively does one type of philosophy (I can't remember if it's continental or analytic though). Make sure you are happy with that.
    It will most likely be analytical. Not many Unis do continental.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by possolg)
    My main focus is night life, pretty much wonna party as much as I can
    Manchester is one of the biggest, if not the biggest, student cities in the UK as 3 universities belong to that city (UoM, MMU and Salford uni) so I would say manchester is your best bet for nightlife

ReputationRep:
    I've heard good things about both in terms on night life, apparently Leeds is slightly better. However the accommodation is a big deal in terms of social life, manchester's fallowfield is the big social hub however the big party halls seems to be spread through Leeds?

I'll wait for accommodation viewing I guess and hope I don't get put in somewhere ****ty for waiting too long and keep you posted. Anyone got any accommodation advice can add it here if they like.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 3, 2013
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.