Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm coming to the end of my third year doing a law degree and I'm crumbling under the pressure.

One part of me has had such enough and is not motivated at all. The other half of me is so frustrated with this as I need and want a decent degree!

Is anyone going through/been through the same thing and have any words of advice to keep me motivated/sane. Would be greatly appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    Hey
    I know how you feel, sometimes a few days can pass by and I haven''t achieved anything.
    Im not sure if this will help but this is what I do.
    I take a bit of time when I wake up to relax, think exactly what I what to do that day, maybe when or how. If I find myself procrastinating or just watching TV I ask myself what I want and then why am I not doing it?
    Hope that helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm coming to the end of my third year doing a law degree and I'm crumbling under the pressure.

One part of me has had such enough and is not motivated at all. The other half of me is so frustrated with this as I need and want a decent degree!

Is anyone going through/been through the same thing and have any words of advice to keep me motivated/sane. Would be greatly appreciated!
    I studied law as well and my motivation came and went throughout the degree. I even considered dropping out in my first year but I'm so glad I never.

The biggest motivation you have is that you are in your final year so you really don't have that long to go.

If you have been under a lot of pressure lately you need to give yourself a break. I know it can be difficult to relax when you have work to do and you are under pressure but trust me, it's much more productive to have a rest. It's better to do two hours of work where your head is thinking clearly than 10 hours of work where you are stressed and not in a positive frame of mind.

Try and get the basics right too i.e. make sure you get enough sleep, exercise and make sure your other needs are being met such as the need to connect with other people. If you're under stress you might want to limit your caffeine intake as it releases cortisol into the body which is a stress hormone and cut down on sugar too as that can contribute to you feeling terrible as well.

Finally, break everything down into baby steps and manageable chunks. Don't overwhelm yourself by fretting over the bigger picture, just take each day as it comes. Set yourself goals for each day in terms of what you want to study and give yourself regular breaks.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obdd31Q9PqA

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 28, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.