Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    What do you have to do to get a First? I have done quite a few essays and I keep getting a 2:1.

I was just wondering what distinguishes a First and a 2:1?

I think the main factor that brings my mark down is the conclusion. What should the conlusion include? I should probably know this by now (ha) but I seem to just waffle (One of my tutors even wrote "too much waffling" next to my conclusion in my last assingment).

Also, how long should the Bibliography be? Mine's about a page, should it be more?

By the way, it's a business essay based on technology and its effect on workforces in the future.

ReputationRep:
    Do you do enough independent reading?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pandabird)
    Do you do enough independent reading?
    I feel like I do. What do you class as 'enough'?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slacker07906)
    I feel like I do. What do you class as 'enough'?
    I don't know, how does it work with you in terms of reading? Do you get given core reading?

It's hard to say how to get a first, my tutor said he's never marked a first in an essay...it has to be close to perfection I guess! I remember my uni saying apart from the basics, it's hard to say how to master an essay, you just have to build up your skill yourself, practice makes perfect. I'm sorry I can't give much advice because I've only had a 68 so far... But it's usually my intro which lets me down.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.