Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    There should be an internal appeals process for the organisation which you're attending. You need to find out what that is and follow it if that's what you decide to do.

However because you would effectively be complaining about the unfair advantage to others, if you won, the likely outcome is that other candidates will have their marks reduced, rather than you being given the advantage that they had. I can't see the outcome being that the organisation decides the advantage was wrong, and that therefore you should be given it as well.

A more fruitful appeal path might be to explore why you weren't permitted a reassessment when you had genuine medical reasons for your lower mark. Did your organisation know about it, and did you submit for mitigating circumstances at the time?

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lambert61)
    My only concerns is dealing with the fallout with the lecturers.
    Ah right. I'm not sure that I can second-guess how individual lecturers will react then. It will depend on what type of people they are.

I've seen one lecturer blow the whistle on another who didn't follow proper exam marking processes and the fallout was horrible. There was an extended grievance/appeal process, staff taking sides, general slanging matches in private and public, with academics factionalising and tearing chunks out of each other. Nobody came out of it looking good or having behaved in a civilised manner.

All I can tell you, is that if you took your planned action in *that particular* organisation, staff would be likely to close ranks and impose what I'd tactfully call "unofficial sanctions". You could spend the rest of your time there lodging appeals against unfair marks.

Depends how much of a stomach for a fight you have, bearing in mind that there's a risk that you might end up even worse off by the end of it.

Wish I could be more optimistic on your behalf. Your situation appears to be grossly unfair and you deserve better.

If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.