Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

So scared of losing my virginity to the point I don't want to lose it anymore. Watch

keep anon n ting.

I'm 20 years old, met a nice guy recently who I'm really into. Slight issue is the sex side of things. I really like this guy, would be happy to lose it to him, but as I've done absolutely nothing sexual ever (barely even seen a penis in person) I'm scared of losing it to the point where I'm beginning to reject him due to my fear, it's almost like I don't want to lose it anymore as I feel like the ship has sailed and it's too late to do it? I don't really want to tell him about it either, in fear of others finding out or it freaking him out...

Any help?!

ReputationRep:
    If you've only met him fairly recently then just wait. When you're happy and comfortable you will want to do it I promise. When you're ready talk to him about it and explain that you're inexperienced. if he's worth anything he will be patient and wait until you're ready. if he doesn't he ain't worth it.

"Would be happy to" is not enough if you're this scared. wait until its "I want to". trust me. I didn't lose it til i was 22 and glad i waited until i was with someone i really wanted to do it with. When you're happy your fears will reduce :-D

ReputationRep:
    Aw hun don't rush into anything if you are not ready. Perhaps have a little chat with him about how you feel. I lost my virginity when I didn't want to and I regret it now I am older.

ReputationRep:
    Hi its completely understandable, I am virgin and it was only last year I decided I am ready for sex (19 years old), be honest and tell him and give him a chance to understand how you are feeling. (Also I am sure he can jerk off to keep his ERM urges under control)

ReputationRep:
    Tell him, if he's a genuinely decent guy he'll be understanding and will wait until your completely ready. The thought of losing your virginity can be really scary but honestly you'll be fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cheshire1990)
    Aw hun don't rush into anything if you are not ready. Perhaps have a little chat with him about how you feel. I lost my virginity when I didn't want to and I regret it now I am older.
    This! Same here, talk to him and hopefully he'll be really understanding

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 28, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.