The Student Room Group

I'm affraid to move on

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tcrumpen
i can't pull that off, i'm kinda shy and nervous around women (once i've broken the oce though i'm fine)

You need to pretend then. They won't know whether you are or not. After pretending for so long - you will be eventually :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 21
Original post by Aries1992
You need to pretend then. They won't know whether you are or not. After pretending for so long - you will be eventually :smile:

see i have no idea where to begin with that, also i don't like being something i'm not (which is what i would be by faking swarveness)
see i have no idea where to begin with that, also i don't like being something i'm not (which is what i would be by faking swarveness)

Ok then. Well that's my best advice for meeting girls and dating. Women pick confidence over looks and personality! If a man is confident, he's interesting and exciting.

Reply 23
Ok then. Well that's my best advice for meeting girls and dating. Women pick confidence over looks and personality! If a man is confident, he's interesting and exciting.

See i've been trying to find something to boost my confidence, but i have yet to find anything that breaks the barriers i seem to have
See i've been trying to find something to boost my confidence, but i have yet to find anything that breaks the barriers i seem to have

There is counsellors that can help with low self esteem but you can look into it yourself in my opinion without going to see on.

Asking yourself why your not confident is the most important question. People aren't "naturally" shy. Our personality is shaped and developed by our upbringing.

Has anything specifically happened for you to not have developed confidence?

Reply 25
There is counsellors that can help with low self esteem but you can look into it yourself in my opinion without going to see on.

Asking yourself why your not confident is the most important question. People aren't "naturally" shy. Our personality is shaped and developed by our upbringing.

Has anything specifically happened for you to not have developed confidence?

rejected by every person i've developed feelings for is the only thing i can think of
You will move on one day, its hard and no one can control their feeling but they can learn to move on with those feelings.
I read your first post and felt a little annoyed for you, if I'm honest. I get it that she is aware of how you feel and wanted to give you honest advice as a friend, but I think that her saying that you can't move on because you're hung up on her is a little... presumptuous? If I were her, even if I suspected that this were the case I don't think I'd say it. I think I'd just reassure you that that right girl will come along and encourage you to meet and make advances at women.
rejected by every person i've developed feelings for is the only thing i can think of

You will get rejected. Everyone does at some point so don't let that make you loose any confidence. Would you consider online dating - POFs a good sight to meet girls and get to know people.

Reply 29
You will get rejected. Everyone does at some point so don't let that make you loose any confidence. Would you consider online dating - POFs a good sight to meet girls and get to know people.

already on POF and Zoosk and OkCupid, not had any luck with any of em
already on POF and Zoosk and OkCupid, not had any luck with any of em

What's your username on POF.

What's your username on POF.

Just looked at your profile and your not bad looking :smile:

Reply 32