Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

When do you want to get married? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I always grew up with a plan of going to uni (made that) then I'd meet the women who'd become my wife then by the time I was 30 I wanted my first child. But...recently I saw an article on some news website saying "Average age of marriage is now 35. So since then I've felt like "Well...there's that plan out the window" Then I got a little curious...does anyone else have the crazy idea I had or does no one else want kids by 30?

ReputationRep:
    Ideally for me, mid twenties for marriage, late twenties/early thirties for kids.
    Thirty Five seems a bit old to me, people are normally settled by then.

ReputationRep:
    I always thought I would get married soon after leaving uni and hopefully have my first child by 27/28, just like my cousin.

Unfortunately it looks like that won't be happening however, because I'm very single and alone, and not very desirable haha.

ReputationRep:
    Mid twenties for me deffinetly

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I don't plan on getting married at all tbh, it's pretty overrated imo.

ReputationRep:
    I don't have any particular plans.

I'd like to be settled with a husband and relatively good income before having children.. but as for the marriage itself, whenever the time feels right I suppose :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    I don't really have a life plan, actually I'm not sure if I'll get married at all really. Just gonna roll with the punches and hope I don't end up homeless and enjoy life. Also I hope one day to build a replica of the Universe out of confectionary and doughnuts, perhaps the sun will be made out of Sherbet Lemons...

I don't care.

ReputationRep:
    soon I guess (unlucky he's going to be though haha)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    People plan their lives so much, university then marriage then death basically. I'll marry someone when I'm with them for long enough to want to spend the rest of my life with them, I can't really put an age on that.

ReputationRep:
    Married definitely before 25... I want kids by the time I'm 30

ReputationRep:
    pretty sure that's normal, although are you male or female? that would make a difference, and just because people want to be married by a given age, it doesn't mean they've found the right person or that that person want's to get married that early

ReputationRep:
    When I meet a woman I think I'd like to spend the rest of my life with.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure I have much faith in marriage.

I'll probably end up like the otter woman who has about twenty otters and calls them her babies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abbii)
    pretty sure that's normal, although are you male or female? that would make a difference, and just because people want to be married by a given age, it doesn't mean they've found the right person or that that person want's to get married that early
    I'm 19 and male.

ReputationRep:
    Not sure I want to get married. No offence to those who do, but what difference does a piece of paper make? Not being married is basically the same without all the hassle.

I want kids when I have a stable and solid career and feel I can support the child and provide him/her with all the opportunities I can.

ReputationRep:
    Hope to be married before I'm 30. Preferably mid twenties.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    Never. But once I'm 30 I'm going to start looking into adoption as long as I've got a stable job, hope to be a mum by the time I'm 35 at the latest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IlexBlue)
    I'm not sure I have much faith in marriage.

I'll probably end up like the otter woman who has about twenty otters and calls them her babies.

They fall asleep holding hands so they won't float away from each other. Who wouldn't want an otter? :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Multitalented me)
    I don't plan on getting married at all tbh, it's pretty overrated imo.
    Same!

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.