Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How Much Do You Care About Rep? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hello!

How much do you care about your TSR rep?

I write things and I think.. 'I know people are gonna neg the hell outta this' but it doesn't really bother as I like to express my opinion and see people thoughts on this.

But it wouldn't surprise me if a lot of people don't give there 100% beliefs through fear of judgement (which we all do to a degree I think). Now in real life I get it but when on this forum, who really cares?

I'm not sure many people will admit to caring about it anyway.

PS. I secretly care more than what I let off in this post..

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    I couldn't care less. I only go on TSR on my phone so cant see any anyway.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    It's just a thing adjacent to my username is all.

ReputationRep:
    I don't really care about it but it's nice to know people like my input in threads

ReputationRep:
    I don't care much about my rep score, but it does bother me if people neg rep me for a reason which I think is unjustified. I tend to take it as a personal insult

ReputationRep:
    Love how all the people who replied (including me) have high rep.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R4INBOW)
    It's just a thing adjacent to my username is all.
    How dare you say that!

ReputationRep:
    ERM I do care, I get a warm feeling inside me when I get a good rep, :-)

ReputationRep:
    Most people on this thread will deny caring about rep (as usual) but just neg one of their posts and see the "WHY THE BLEEP AM I GETTING NEGGED ARGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!" response that'll be on display. :rofl:

Edit: someone already saying that they don't care about rep points but hate getting negged, sounds likely... :lol:

ReputationRep:
    I'm not really botheref about myself, but I always try to give people positive rep if they get negged for no reason :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Just Declan)
    I'm not really botheref about myself, but I always try to give people positive rep if they get negged for no reason :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fusion)
    How dare you say that!
    I'm sorry.

ReputationRep:
    It is my mission to one day become the highest repped member on TSR. It will look great on my CV, even though I only ever subbed once because it was free somehow and I was never a mod. It'll go nicely with being number 40 in the world at a twin stick shooter on 360.

Utterly pointless achievements gained by just doing something you like.

ReputationRep:
    Haha.. everyone has such good rep! I'm really not sure you got that much rep without caring about it

ReputationRep:
    I got a question, why do most subs and mods go on about how little they care for rep when there's an almost 200% chance they'd revenge neg you for negging them in the first place?

Are they lying to seem "cool" online? Like "I have a life dude, I don't give a crap about some pathetic rep system on a stinking student forum" type thought? :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Well, it is a bit nice when you help another user or somebody likes or agrees with what you wrote. It's a great feedback system.

As British199 it makes one feel something special that only TSR members can feel.

ReputationRep:
    I thought TSR rep counted towards your degree classification now :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pizzle223)
    Haha.. everyone has such good rep! I'm really not sure you got that much rep without caring about it
    Not really :lol: As long as you're not really offensive to anyone you're fine most people can't affect rep and they're mainly the people who neg everyone If you be offensive you'll get the attention of those with high rep.

(Original post by mikeyd85)
    It is my mission to one day become the highest repped member on TSR. It will look great on my CV, even though I only ever subbed once because it was free somehow and I was never a mod. It'll go nicely with being number 40 in the world at a twin stick shooter on 360.

Utterly pointless achievements gained by just doing something you like.
    Is anyone at 10 green bars yet? I'm assuming Ape gone insane is close since he's been on 9 ever since I've joined.

ReputationRep:
    My reps getting higher recently which is a shame.

I managed to get it down to 3 red bars a few weeks back

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.