Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ok so 3 questions answer honestly

1) How big is your itunes library, how many GB of music and how many songs do you have?

2) How do you fit it all on your ipod, do you have to keep unticking/ticking tracks on itunes to select the stuff you want on your ipod?

3) Do you back your library up? If so how..on CD's?

ReputationRep:
    About 54 GB, 9800 ish songs I think, not sure exactly how you find out

I have a 160 GB iPod

No but I used to onto Time Machine

ReputationRep:
    I have over 10k songs, but WMP decided to go an hero a while back :sad:
    As I've got an iPod my hand has been forced, which is the only reason I use iTunes. I have about 1.5k on there, all of which fit on my iPod with ample room to spare.

ReputationRep:
    I have just over 8500 songs, 60GB, most of it is backed up onto my external hardrive. Thankfully all of this fits into my iPod classic.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    165 albums, all physically bought because that's how I roll.

ReputationRep:
    1. Just over 2600 songs weighing in at 55GB. Certainly not a normal for a collection of this size, because most of my music is stored in lossless formats.
    2. My iPod's been pretty heavily modified by the previous owner, one of the things he did was put a 120GB hard drive in it (Which was pretty enormous back in 2006), so I just let it auto-sync.
    3. My iTunes library gets backed up onto my external hard drive, as well as being fully accessible inside the iPod should both my Mac and external HDD die in a freak power surge or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lostox)
    I have just over 8500 songs, 60GB, most of it is backed up onto my external hardrive. Thankfully all of this fits into my iPod classic.
    When you backed it up is there a way to have all the album art and the track names exactly how they are in your iTunes or will you have to re-edit them?

I'm OCD about my music collection and I want to wipe everything off my computer then put all my music back on but I've been putting it off because I don't want to have to put all the album covers on again.

(Original post by Gofre)
    I'm quoting you as I think you'll be able to answer the above question.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    When you backed it up is there a way to have all the album art and the track names exactly how they are in your iTunes or will you have to re-edit them?

I'm OCD about my music collection and I want to wipe everything off my computer then put all my music back on but I've been putting it off because I don't want to have to put all the album covers on again.

I'm quoting you as I think you'll be able to answer the above question.
    As far as I'm aware all of the metadata (Album artwork, track info etc) is retained by default, it is on the Mac anyway. A quick way to check is to go into your iTunes Media file, copy & paste a single album folder onto a flash drive, and add it to another user's iTunes by opening the program and hitting ctrl+O.

ReputationRep:
    Mine is 6GB, 1086 songs. I don't have an IPod so I just listen to music on my phone. And I only have my 'Top Rated' on my phone so there's no problem with storage space.

ReputationRep:
    600 Songs, about 3gb, and I have all the CDs in a case downstairs, so it's my backup

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.