Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    This has been going on since saturday. Ugh.

Both sides of my neck kill, which means i cant really turn my head very well and also the whole 'i cant get out of bed' saying is a genuine excuse!!

I am just about to use the last deepheat pad that we have...

Are there any more tips? Its making me lose sleep... I think it may be stress related (near exams/revision i get tight muscles - last time it was the chest!!)

If it stays this bad ill go to the doctors next week, but if there are remedies id rather take that option!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure how you could relieve it during the daytime except with heat pads and stretching. It might hurt to stretch, but the outcome will be much better than the initial pain. You may also be tensing in your sleep, or just sleeping in funny positions. Either way, try using different amounts of pillows and sleeping in a variety of positions. I'd imagine it's worst when you first wake up in morning? If so then the problem is probably occurring overnight. You could ask someone you live with to massage the area while you lay down and let your whole body go limp. Make sure you are in a comfortable position while they massage you, and don't attempt do do it yourself as you will have to tense muscles in order to massage yourself. Look up some techniques for neck muscles online.

If you're sure you're tensing because you're worried or anxious, then try pinpointing what it is you're anxious about. For example, if it is exams, the more revision you do, the more prepared you'll feel, and the more relaxed about them you will also feel. Pinpointing the cause and thinking about what you can do about that mentally rather than physically can help.

Hope that helps! f it doesn't, don't be embarassed to got to the doctors, but they'll probably suggest similar things to help relax you.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 29, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.