Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

Dishonered or Far Cry 3? Quick decision. Watch

ReputationRep:
    I want to get one of these games first thing tomorrow. Which would you get?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmusedDouche)
    I want to get one of these games first thing tomorrow. Which would you get?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    Personally, far cry 3...both amazing games but i prefer open-world RPG's (and its a beautiful game). You'll also be able to squeeze more hours out of it....but...Dishonored is amazing and you should also get that later...

ReputationRep:
    Saw Dishonored in Tesco for a tenner yesterday, tempted but I've spent too much on games recently.

ReputationRep:
    Far cry 3 was brilliant. Highly recommend. I'm debating if I should get the new tomb raider.

ReputationRep:
    Far Cry 3.

Own both, and although Dishonoured is all right, I couldn't help but think it was trying to be a bit too much like Thief (which excitingly is coming out on the next gen consoles). It's not a bad game, but there really isn't much to it.

Far Cry 3 will give you more for your money if you are prepared to spend the time with it.
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    Far Cry 3 by a country mile.

ReputationRep:
    I enjoyed far cry 3 a lot but I found it getting a bit repetitive.

ReputationRep:
    Far Cry 3 I found very repetitive, Dishonored on the other hand never got repetitive for me. Really good backstory and plot line as well. Like a painting in motion as they say.

ReputationRep:
    They are both such different games that cater to such different audiences. It would be silly to try and pick a better game without knowing your personal preferences.

If you want a game purely based around stealth, then go for Dishonored. There aren't many stealth games on the market and even then, this game turns the conventional idea of stealth on it's head with the use of magic.

If you want a game that's a shooter based in an open world, go for Far Cry 3. This was a game changer for me. FPS were becoming dull thanks to the generic "shoot everyone in the room". There's so much more to this game like foraging for supplies and climbing towers to unlock new sections of the map.

ReputationRep:
    I'd probably go for Tomb Raider first if you haven't got that (although I haven't played it).

Far Cry 3 - one of those games that will look significantly better on a PC even if the console versions look fine.
    A game that you have to really like the location of because you'll probably be looking at something very similar over and over again.

Dishonoured - some reviews say some of the graphics are only of PS2 type standard. Sounds a bit harsh but the PS2 was capable of some beautiful graphics at the top end.

If it's for PC be wary of FC3 - for many people (including me!) it's still plagued with crashes. Crashes to desktop every 5 - 10 mins, on a PC that's more than capable of running the game on ultra. Unplayable, tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darth Vader 7)
    They are both such different games that cater to such different audiences. It would be silly to try and pick a better game without knowing your personal preferences.

If you want a game purely based around stealth, then go for Dishonored. There aren't many stealth games on the market and even then, this game turns the conventional idea of stealth on it's head with the use of magic.

If you want a game that's a shooter based in an open world, go for Far Cry 3. This was a game changer for me. FPS were becoming dull thanks to the generic "shoot everyone in the room". There's so much more to this game like foraging for supplies and climbing towers to unlock new sections of the map.
    As a testament to the freedom of Far Cry 3, I would almost certainly describe it is a stealth game. Nowt beats a bit of happy jungle sneaky sneaky death time.

ReputationRep:
    Dishonored by far! I mean I liked Far Cry 3, however I found it pretty damn linear and cliche.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    As a testament to the freedom of Far Cry 3, I would almost certainly describe it is a stealth game. Nowt beats a bit of happy jungle sneaky sneaky death time.
    Yeah there was definitely a lot of stealth elements to Far Cry 3 (especially when you are trying to takeover a post without being detected for that 1500 xp).

(Original post by PierceBrosnan)
    Dishonored by far! I mean I liked Far Cry 3, however I found it pretty damn linear and cliche.
    :lolwut:

Far Cry 3 is anything but linear. There is so much variety to the game and how you approach it...

ReputationRep:
    Yeah there was definitely a lot of stealth elements to Far Cry 3 (especially when you are trying to takeover a post without being detected for that 1500 xp).
    Send in the wild animals to do your bidding! :yep:

It's all gravy until they decide to make you their lunch.

ReputationRep:

:lolwut:

Far Cry 3 is anything but linear. There is so much variety to the game and how you approach it...
    Linear in terms of missions to the actual plot. I mean there was as you say mass variety out of the missions.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PierceBrosnan)
    Linear in terms of missions to the actual plot. I mean there was as you say mass variety out of the missions.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    One of the missions was to set a fields of marijuana on fire... I don't quite understand how that's your "run of the mill" fps mission...

(Original post by mikeyd85)
    Send in the wild animals to do your bidding! :yep:

It's all gravy until they decide to make you their lunch.
    Yup. Use my silenced sniper, break open the tiger/bear and watch them reek havoc. Then just pick of the final few people and you're done. Man, I feel like starting a new save on Far Cry now!

ReputationRep:
    They're equally as good, but I did like Dishonored. Actually yes, I'd say Dishonored. DO IT.

ReputationRep:
    One of the missions was to set a fields of marijuana on fire... I don't quite understand how that's your "run of the mill" fps mission...

Yup. Use my silenced sniper, break open the tiger/bear and watch them reek havoc. Then just pick of the final few people and you're done. Man, I feel like starting a new save on Far Cry now!
    I do agree with you about the marijuana mission. I certainly liked it. I just found dishonored to be more of my cup of tea than Far Cry 3.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 31, 2013
Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.