Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Okay, I need to make sure this is all okay before I send it off... on my coursework they said...

'The essay should be properly referenced. When citing sources in their work students should follow the convention of EITHER the Harvard system (e.g. British Journal of Criminology) OR the Vancouver system (e.g. Modern Law Review). The word count includes explanatory footnotes and appendices but excludes bibliographical footnotes and/or the bibliography.'

All good.

I chose to do the Vancouver system, and all my references are numbered and at the bottom of each page. (Using the word footnote system)

My question is... since they're all at the bottom of each page, do I still have to do a reference list at the end of my essay? Or should I ditch the bottom of the page thing and just do a reference list at the end?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.