Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    How much sleep does an Average IB student require?
    6 hrs?

Overall... sleep at night and a 1 hr nap in the afternoon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anuj999)
    How much sleep does an Average IB student require?
    6 hrs?

Overall... sleep at night and a 1 hr nap in the afternoon.
    Unless IB people are different the recommended amount is 8.5 - 10 for 12-18 year olds . . . http://www.helpguide.org/life/sleeping.htm
    though to be honest 7+ is fine

ReputationRep:
    Oh gosh I wish I could get 10 hours of sleep a night that would be amazing. But generally most IB students get like 7 or so, I think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Jo.)
    Oh gosh I wish I could get 10 hours of sleep a night that would be amazing. But generally most IB students get like 7 or so, I think.
    Ya but is 7 hrs sufficient??

6 @ night and 1 @ noon?

ReputationRep:
    Sleep is 1 thing that is loved by all.

Lets see what happens and how much sleep does IB give me?!

ReputationRep:
    IB is the worst. It limits your sleep and makes you want to sleep even more. Probably get about 7 hours a night. But only 4 weeks of IB left thank goodness!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad

ReputationRep:
    Lucky u.
    I am in Year 1,...
    What are your subjects?

ReputationRep:
    Lucky u.
    I am in Year 1,...
    What are your subjects?
    Any important links that u can tell me?

ReputationRep:
    I wish I'd spent a *lot* more time sleeping than worrying about work when I did the IB

Just relax and enjoy those brief years before adulthood

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dijay_94)
    I wish I'd spent a *lot* more time sleeping than worrying about work when I did the IB

Just relax and enjoy those brief years before adulthood
    I wish i could man...
    I just wish i could..
    But i am aiming for a 42 in IB...

So i gotta work for it.

ReputationRep:
    relaxation is just not an option!! I'd rather stress now and then have a really chilled first year at uni. apparently doing IB makes the first year a lot easier in terms of work

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anuj999)
    I wish i could man...
    I just wish i could..
    But i am aiming for a 42 in IB...

So i gotta work for it.
    I got a 44 and hold an unconditional offer for Medicine at Oxford. I don't say this to boost my ego, I say this to validate the advice I'm about to say and to let you know that I speak from personal experience.

At your age you need to spend more time looking after yourself, enjoying life and broadening your horizons than worrying about work.
    Not getting enough sleep at night will make you less productive, tired for extra curricular activities and moody/grumpy around your friends.

Sleep my friend is good for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mysterd)
    I got a 44 and hold an unconditional offer for Medicine at Oxford. I don't say this to boost my ego, I say this to validate the advice I'm about to say and to let you know that I speak from personal experience.

At your age you need to spend more time looking after yourself, enjoying life and broadening your horizons than worrying about work.
    Not getting enough sleep at night will make you less productive, tired for extra curricular activities and moody/grumpy around your friends.

wow that is amazing, congratulations!!
    out of interest, how much revision did you do? I have my exams in two weeks and majorly stressing about lack of revision :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mcdermie)
    wow that is amazing, congratulations!!
    out of interest, how much revision did you do? I have my exams in two weeks and majorly stressing about lack of revision :/

Thanks

I can't revise from staring at books and I find rewriting notes only somewhat helpful and I only use it as a last resort.

My advice would be to print off and do as many papers as you can. For a few of my subjects I found al the papers since 1998, November and May, TZ1 and TZ2 and did all of them over the course of a few months.

I did each paper from memory beforehand and then went through and corrected my mistakes making copious notes on the papers themselves in red pen *directly* from the markscheme. I then created colour coded notes based solely on the mistakes I made and directly from the mark scheme.

I condensed all previous notes and then revised solely from them
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much friends.
    Now i can take good rest.

I'll surely make notes and ace my IB.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mysterd)

Congratulations mate.
    Now, i'll sure take adequate sleep and also enjoy life.

Cheers!
    BTW Where r u now?

ReputationRep:
    Thank you all for your precious suggestions.I
    B is indeed a challenging course....
    I CHOSE IT AND NOW I WILL PROVE MY SELF..

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.