Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    SO last night, when I was happilly asleep, my phone went off at about half two, waking me up becuase it was next too my face. Thinking it was my girlfriend I picked it up to check what the message was.

To my amazement it read:

"Hey Louis it's George, Just letting you know if you ever get bored of Jess, I'm always available "

Now, obviously I have no intention what so ever to follow this up :L I am more than happy with everything of my relationship but WTF man..

Firstly I have no idea who this "george", I cant even tell if its male or female. I only know about 3 georges, all male and 1 georgia (clearly female) but none of them I have spoken to in years. Secondly how on earth did he/she get my number and personal details? my facebook page is limited to just friends and the number on there is from my last phone and not the same.
    Lastly what on earth do I do? I dont know if I should reply or not.. might seem abit counter productive to carry on talking to this person!

Super confused on this old thing! ive been on placment this year as well and havent exatly conversed with many ladies :L

Anybody able to clear some air on this one?

ReputationRep:
    How on earth do you expect us to be able to help on this one?!? We don't know you or your friend, and certainly don't know what motivates them.

ReputationRep:
    I would guess its a wind up?

Unlikly alternatives;
    Typo of their own name?
    A poor attempt of entrapment by yourgirlfriend?

Either way, why would you reply?

ReputationRep:
    ahah well its more of a has anyone been in this situation? I know as much about this person as anybody on TSR...
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Someone is probably winding you up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GottaLovePhysics! :))
    I would guess its a wind up?

Unlikly alternatives;
    Typo of their own name?
    A poor attempt of entrapment by yourgirlfriend?

Either way, why would you reply?

Probabaly just to dispell some thoughts :L

When i got the text i first chuckled abit to myself but then because of the hour of night I thought.. Damn what if this persons out to get me, and then i turned my light on and played candy crush for an hour to relax :L

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    Someone is probably winding you up
    Thats what im assuming now, my heads moved away from killer and onto just a wind up

ReputationRep:
    \thread. Investigations comlete, it was the windup of my girlfriends cousin..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by themightysals)
    SO last night, when I was happilly asleep, my phone went off at about half two, waking me up becuase it was next too my face. Thinking it was my girlfriend I picked it up to check what the message was.

To my amazement it read:

"Hey Louis it's George, Just letting you know if you ever get bored of Jess, I'm always available "

Now, obviously I have no intention what so ever to follow this up :L I am more than happy with everything of my relationship but WTF man..

Firstly I have no idea who this "george", I cant even tell if its male or female. I only know about 3 georges, all male and 1 georgia (clearly female) but none of them I have spoken to in years. Secondly how on earth did he/she get my number and personal details? my facebook page is limited to just friends and the number on there is from my last phone and not the same.
    Lastly what on earth do I do? I dont know if I should reply or not.. might seem abit counter productive to carry on talking to this person!

Super confused on this old thing! ive been on placment this year as well and havent exatly conversed with many ladies :L

How can you be sure that it's not your GF being petty and testing to see if you'd stray?

ReputationRep:
    Wait. Imma call the FBI.

XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alpha510)
    Wait. Imma call the FBI.

XD
    When its 2am and you think someones out to get you :L
    almost did! :L

ReputationRep:
    When its 2am and you think someones out to get you :L
    almost did! :L
    Just be glad when you read the message, a ghost didn't come out of your mobile.

ReputationRep:
    This is obviously someone trying to wind you up and I personally think you are looking far too deeply into this situation.

Your best bet is to show your girlfriend, just in case for some reason she finds out another way and then you automatically look guilty for never having told her.

Ignore the text, it's nothing threatening or realistically anything to be concerned about.
    If someone is sending a text like that at 2am, then they are more than likely with a group of friends and just having a laugh. Don't worry about it.

ReputationRep:

To my amazement it read:

Simples. Just leave it.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 28, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.