Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    in gonna be studying architecture next year so im looking for a computer that can run programs like autocad and photoshop smoothly with no problems.
    my budget is about £700 £750
    any suggestions?

also i can across this alienware desktop computer these are the details but it is refurbished

Alienware Aurora
    Intel Core i7-950 Processor (3.06GHz, 8MB)
    Operating System : Windows® 7 Professional
    1 TB SATA Hard Drive (7200 RPM)
    9 GB DDR3 SDRAM 1333MHz (6 DIMMs) (3x1GB + 3x2GB)
    Graphics 1GB nVidia GeForce GTS 240 graphics card
    AlienFX Colour : Astral Aqua
    Display: Not Included
    English Windows 7 Professional SP1 (64 Bit)
    No Media Offering
    6X Blu-Ray ROM Combo (Blu-Ray read only, DVD, CD read & write)
    Dell 105 Key Soft Touch USB Keyboard Black

so is it worth considering or not?
    thanks in advance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by homayoun)
    in gonna be studying architecture next year so im looking for a computer that can run programs like autocad and photoshop smoothly with no problems.
    my budget is about £700 £750
    any suggestions?

also i can across this alienware desktop computer these are the details but it is refurbished

Alienware Aurora
    Intel Core i7-950 Processor (3.06GHz, 8MB)
    Operating System : Windows® 7 Professional
    1 TB SATA Hard Drive (7200 RPM)
    9 GB DDR3 SDRAM 1333MHz (6 DIMMs) (3x1GB + 3x2GB)
    Graphics 1GB nVidia GeForce GTS 240 graphics card
    AlienFX Colour : Astral Aqua
    Display: Not Included
    English Windows 7 Professional SP1 (64 Bit)
    No Media Offering
    6X Blu-Ray ROM Combo (Blu-Ray read only, DVD, CD read & write)
    Dell 105 Key Soft Touch USB Keyboard Black

so is it worth considering or not?
    thanks in advance.
    I would recommend avoiding alienware, you pay a lot more for the same specs just because of the brand, also for the money you are looking at you can do much better than that refurb.

First question, would you consider building the pc yourself? It's a lot easier than it sounds, the hardest bit is choosing the parts which I, or other people on TSR, can help you with, after that it's simply plugging everything in.

ReputationRep:
    For AutoCAD and Photoshop you don't need such a beefy desktop computer, any Core i7 laptop or desktop is more than capable.

I recommend the Samsung 350E7C as a laptop: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-350E...core+i7+laptop

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.