Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

I had an awful experience 3 4 years ago with my undergraduate student finance application & it it proving to be just as bad now I am applying for my PGCE!!

I have completed my section of the form and my mother is now onto filling out hers. She has always done this by post and therefore the online section is very new to her. When logging in with her customer reference number the website then asks for certain letters from her security question. However my mother does not have a security question or answer as she has always completed her section on paper form and so has never been asked to create one!

How do I overcome this issue so that she can support my application and my finance can be processed in time?

Thank you in advance
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi Mills,

Regardless of how information is provided, by paper or online, we still issue login details for the website. You Mum would have been sent these by paper letter.

If she has misplaced the letter (understandable after so long) she can speak with one of our advisers on 0845 300 5090 who can email her a reminder.

Alternatively she can provide her details by paper form again as long as you have chosen for her to supply her detail in a 'separate session'.

Here's a link to the form: http://bit.ly/YlOk6F

Hope this helps,
    Mark-Lee

ReputationRep:
    Dear Mark-Lee,

Thank you so much for your help. It is great to hear that she can complete her section on paper form. Just to check I have done my part correctly - there were two options on my online form for household income assessment: either for my mother to complete online in separate section or online in the same form as me. I have selected the separate section option. Although this says online is it ok for her to just send in the paper form?

Also, we had to fill in a form which proved the amount of widows mothers pension that she received as the evidence for our income, do you happen to know if this is still the same & where I can download the form from.

I am so so grateful for your help

Kindest regards

(Original post by Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser)
    Hi Mills,

Regardless of how information is provided, by paper or online, we still issue login details for the website. You Mum would have been sent these by paper letter.

If she has misplaced the letter (understandable after so long) she can speak with one of our advisers on 0845 300 5090 who can email her a reminder.

Alternatively she can provide her details by paper form again as long as you have chosen for her to supply her detail in a 'separate session'.

Here's a link to the form: http://bit.ly/YlOk6F

Hope this helps,
    Mark-Lee
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi again Mills,

Yes you've chosen the correct option to allow your Mum to provide her income information by paper form. As long as your Mum gives us an accurate pension figure on your form we will be able to verify this HMRC and she won't need to send any evidence.

Thanks again,
    Mark-Lee

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.