Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi there people ...

I am wondering if anyone can help me , basically I'm in my third year of uni but studying at level 5 (which is year 2 ). This is because i didn't really take my first attempt at the first year serious enough and managed to fail it. (Yep I suck !) .Now,I want to transfer to another uni , but i came a across a problem . I don't know how much they are going to charge me ! ( I know if i stay at my current uni they will charge me 3 grand because i started the year before the rises)

So (if your still reading!) my question is basically after failing my first year , how much should the uni charge me since i am technically in my third year ? The 9 grand or the 3 grand ... ???

Any advice would be greatly appreciated .

THX in advance
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi Demoz,

If you leave your current course and start a new one then your uni has the right to charge the new 9k fee rate.

Bear in mind that you are entitled to 4 year of student finance so you may have fund your new course partly yourself.

Thanks,
    Mark-Lee

ReputationRep:
    Thank you very much Mark ..

I just have few queries (please bare with me) . My plan is not to change course but too continue the course i am currently on and start where i left off (i.e year 2). If i stay where i am i will still pay £3375 because it is technically my third year (because i failed my first attempt at first year) and thus i got in before the tuition fee increase . The problem is though, i will be joining the new university at the second year which means they will include me in the higher fee band .

If i tell the the university that i going to transfer to that it is going to be my third year of study not my second, will this make a difference ??

Thank you again.....
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi again Demoz,

The university has the right to charge you either fee rate. This is something you will have to discuss with them before making any decisions.

Thanks,
    Mark-Lee

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.