The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Accommodation Viewing Day - Saturday 27th April

Hi Everyone

I know lots of people have mentioned this already in other posts, but I wanted to make sure that you knew out our Accommodation Viewing Day on Saturday 27th April from 9:30am-5pm.

If you've got any questions about the day, accommodation or studying at Leeds in general, remember that I'm here to help you!

DOWNLOAD YOUR ACCOMMODATION VIEWING DAY GUIDE

If you put Leeds as your firm or insurance choice, we guarantee you a place in our university accommodation, as long as you apply by the 1st July deadline.

WHAT TO EXPECT ON THE DAY
Leeds has a wide range of quality accommodation located both on and off campus. All of our catered and self-catered residences will be open for you to view- you should be able to comfortably visit five to six halls during the day. Full details of our halls of residence can be found on our accommodation website.

We’ll also be offering tours of our award-winning Students’ Union and state-of-the-art sports facility The Edge (membership is included in your university accommodation rent). So make sure you leave time in your day to take a tour.

PLANNING YOUR DAY
There is no need to book a place; you can just turn up and view on the day. Our Student Ambassadors can be found around campus to help direct you just look out for their red t-shirts. The Accommodation team will also be on hand at the University main entrance to answer any questions you may have.

A free shuttle bus services will be running regularly from the main University campus to our accommodation located off-campus. Alternatively, you can visit each hall independently - full directions are available on our website.

GETTING TO THE UNIVERSITY
For directions to The University of Leeds, including car parking information, please download our directions sheet.

Hope to see you on Saturday 27th April!

Amanda
University of Leeds

DOWNLOAD YOUR ACCOMMODATION VIEWING DAY GUIDE
Do postgraduates have the same deadline?
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Original post by Jonnyishman
Do postgraduates have the same deadline?

It's the same 1 July deadline but the guarantee only applies to international fee-paying postgrads. However, we've got more postgrad accommodation this year because of the new St. Marks Residence open so we're hoping to be able to offer accommodation to most EC and UK postgrads as well.
The Viewing Day doesn't apply to postgrads, I'm afraid - St. Marks isn't ready to view yet and our other exclusively postgrad. residence, Grayson Heights, won't be open either. However, there's lots of information on the website or get in touch (after Wednesday - we're on holiday from today :smile:)
If you can't apply by July 1, then do get in touch anyway - we may still be able to help.
accomoffice
the viewing day doesn't apply to postgrads, i'm afraid - st. Marks isn't ready to view yet and our other exclusively postgrad. Residence, grayson heights, won't be open either.

:'(
(edited 11 years ago)
:'(

Sorry :redface:
Reply 5
Original post by accomoffice
It's the same 1 July deadline but the guarantee only applies to international fee-paying postgrads. However, we've got more postgrad accommodation this year because of the new St. Marks Residence open so we're hoping to be able to offer accommodation to most EC and UK postgrads as well.
The Viewing Day doesn't apply to postgrads, I'm afraid - St. Marks isn't ready to view yet and our other exclusively postgrad. residence, Grayson Heights, won't be open either. However, there's lots of information on the website or get in touch (after Wednesday - we're on holiday from today :smile:)
If you can't apply by July 1, then do get in touch anyway - we may still be able to help.

Does this mean that the Postgraduate blocks in Sentinel Towers, Leodis and Montague Burton won't be available to view either? :s-smilie: How many Postgraduate rooms will be available next year in total and how many applications do you usually get for Postgraduate accommodation? I'd like to know how likely it is that I would be able to get uni accommodation if I wanted it (given that I'm not international).
Original post by Jeykayem
Does this mean that the Postgraduate blocks in Sentinel Towers, Leodis and Montague Burton won't be available to view either? :s-smilie: How many Postgraduate rooms will be available next year in total and how many applications do you usually get for Postgraduate accommodation? I'd like to know how likely it is that I would be able to get uni accommodation if I wanted it (given that I'm not international).

There will be more postgrad rooms than previously because the whole of St. Marks will be postgrad and that's over 500 rooms. Then there's over 100 at Grayson, nearly 50 at Leodis, some at Monty B and others in small props etc. So we think that all postgrads who want uni accommodation should be able to get it and most of it'll be for a 51 week contract as well so you shouldn't have to move around.
Probably no postgrad rooms in Sentinel this year because we think there'll be enough everywhere else.
Reply 7
(edited 10 years ago)
There will be more postgrad rooms than previously because the whole of St. Marks will be postgrad and that's over 500 rooms. Then there's over 100 at Grayson, nearly 50 at Leodis, solme at Monty B and others in small props etc. So we think that all postgrads who want uni accommodation should be able to get it and most of it'll be for a 51 week contract as well so you shouldn't have to move around.
Probably no postgrad rooms in Sentinel this year because we think there'll be enough everywhere else.

My MSc course requires me to be on campus for 35 weeks rather than the usual 51. Will there be contracts to suit me or would I have no choice but to take a 51 week contract?
My MSc course requires me to be on campus for 35 weeks rather than the usual 51. Will there be contracts to suit me or would I have no choice but to take a 51 week contract?

If that's the length of your course then you should be able to get a shorter contract.
If that's the length of your course then you should be able to get a shorter contract.

Unfortunately that's not the length of the course. The course is 51 weeks but the last 4 months take place in a company's offices for the individual project. It Usually takes place in Aberdeen or London but rarely Leeds. Does this mean I'd have no choice but to take a 51 week contract if I was to take campus accommodation?
Unfortunately that's not the length of the course. The course is 51 weeks but the last 4 months take place in a company's offices for the individual project. It Usually takes place in Aberdeen or London but rarely Leeds. Does this mean I'd have no choice but to take a 51 week contract if I was to take campus accommodation?

If you have to be away from Leeds as part of your course, then you could have a shorter contract.

Quick Reply

Latest