The Student Room Group

Why Economics Does Not Equal Business

A while back someone posted a picture on here which said something along the lines of 'Why economics does not equal business' with a large picture with lots of mathematical formulae on it, with the tagline 'all of this can be studied in an economics degree'.
I have a friend who is doing business and claims they're relatively similar - i feel that this picture will be the best way to resolve the issue. Does anyone know where I can find it?
Reply 1
Neg feedback?
Reply 2
I don't think a mere picture is going to convince him, and nor should it.
Reply 3
Ignore that one. Economics is how agents interact in the economy, business is how firms function.

Very basic, simplified difference.
Reply 4
Original post by Spam1859
A while back someone posted a picture on here which said something along the lines of 'Why economics does not equal business' with a large picture with lots of mathematical formulae on it, with the tagline 'all of this can be studied in an economics degree'.
I have a friend who is doing business and claims they're relatively similar - i feel that this picture will be the best way to resolve the issue. Does anyone know where I can find it?

They aren't simple, but a picture won't make him change his mind. My friends studying Business Studies take modules in law, taxation, accounting, audit, etc. whereas in Economics I take modules in microeconomics, macroeconomics, statistics, mathematics, etc.

The content covered is VERY different, but each is equally important and valid. Further, they are equally important in complementing each other, and there can be overlap.

I'm currently studying the impact of exchange rate fluctuations on stock prices. To have a better understanding, however, I need a good knowledge of corporate finance, cash flows, and other "Business" related topics. But without my knowledge of economics (macro/financial economics), mathematics and statistics, I wouldn't actually be able to investigate such an issue.
Reply 5
It is only a half serious discussion, does no-one know at all where I can find the picture?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending