Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am quite pale and it's SO annoying trying to find foundations pale enough.

The only foundation that I've been pleased with is Dainty doll foundation in shade 002. But it's expensive at around £22.

I've been trying to find cheaper ones, I recently ordered a foundation and it's too dark

Any cheap recommendations out there!!?
    I have yellow undertones

ReputationRep:
    I know the feeling! I'm really pale and I use a tinted moisturiser rather than foundation because I can't find any to suit my skin. I like tinted moisturiser, it's enough coverage for me without it being too orange or yellow. I think the one I use is by Witch.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Integer)
    I am quite pale and it's SO annoying trying to find foundations pale enough.

The only foundation that I've been pleased with is Dainty doll foundation in shade 002. But it's expensive at around £22.

I've been trying to find cheaper ones, I recently ordered a foundation and it's too dark

Any cheap recommendations out there!!?
    I have yellow undertones
    I have completely the same problem! I can't afford designer foundations and so far the only high street one that works for me is Max Factor Xperience foundation in the palest shade. It is a tiny bit too dark in the winter but it's fine for the summer, and it's actually a really good foundation in itself. I'm looking forward to seeing the other replies on this thread though because I'm fed up with only being able to use one foundation!

ReputationRep:
    MAC now do their studio fix in a very pale shade NC10 and NW10!

ReputationRep:
    I'm really pale and always find that the foundations from the usual make up brands are completely wrong for me. I found that the Barbara Daley range that Tesco sells is amazing for foundation and is the right colour, without a pink tinge unlike so many other 'porcelain shades' http://www.tesco.com/direct/barbara-...7#BVRRWidgetID its a really good price as well. Failing that, I also use dream matte mousse in Ivory as though it looks quite dark, as it is a mousse you can have good coverage with barely any on, so it doesn't look orange at all as you can easily spread it

ReputationRep:
    graftobian hd creme foundation runs lighter than most highstreet brands and has certain ranges for different skin tones. they're around the same price as dainty doll though. Others that do pale shades are illamasqua (I have the skin base foundation in 02 which is still too dark for me, i think it was closer to £30 though), make up forever, nars, etc. but they all tend to be around the same price as dainty doll if not more.

Lily lolo does quite pale mineral foundations, cost around £12.50 last time i checked

ReputationRep:
    I'm also 002 in dainty doll, I've never bought it but I've tried it in the shop. (I don't buy high end makeup)
    The only foundations I've found to match me are:

revlon colourstay in ivory
    the new no7 foundations in calico
    l'oreal infallible in porcelain
    max factor xperience in light ivory (almost light enough)

Don't bother trying to find any foundations from rimmel, maybelline or bourjois.

If you want to try high end avoid mac (they aren't good for pale shades), try bobbi brown alabastor.

ReputationRep:
    I have calico in no7 and i find it a good match, and not at all orangey toned like others seem to be.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The best one I've ever had is Maybelline Dream Matte Powder in 003 golden beige, but I can never find it any more

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.