Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I think I will start Geology and Geophysics at Imperial this year and I really want to do my sport and other stuff plus I really feel like I will need a job whilst I'm at uni. A lot of people have told me that I won't have time/ be able to cope with the workload at Imperial and a part time job... I'm just wondering what current students think?

ReputationRep:
    As an undergraduate you will have a bit of free time, but it varies a lot from week to week. I think if you work more than about 10-15 hours a week it will start to affect your work significantly. You will also need flexible hours.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EskimoC)
    I think I will start Geology and Geophysics at Imperial this year and I really want to do my sport and other stuff plus I really feel like I will need a job whilst I'm at uni. A lot of people have told me that I won't have time/ be able to cope with the workload at Imperial and a part time job... I'm just wondering what current students think?
    I know a few people on that course that have part time jobs. Not many mind you. But they seem to cope. You have to be very organised though.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's difficult to generalise here because every course is different, and everyone finds his or her course unequally challenging, that is someone copes well while others struggle. It would be best for you to start your studies without a part time job and see for yourself what's possible for you and what not.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.